Where can I buy Shimano pedal reflectors?

breitsd

Oct 27, 2012
I have searched and searched with Google and I can't seem to find the reflector (SM-PD58) which fits the clipless pedal (PD R540). Seems like there should be a market for these. My bike dealer didn't have a clue where to get them. Um... they came with the Giant TCR 2 that I bought from him in 2008. Thanks.

breitsd said:
I have searched and searched with Google and I can't seem to find the reflector (SM-PD58) which fits the clipless pedal (PD R540). Seems like there should be a market for these. My bike dealer didn't have a clue where to get them. Um... they came with the Giant TCR 2 that I bought from him in 2008. Thanks.
It's very likely those reflectors will have to be special ordered from an LBS since that reflector has a very low demand in the market.

Thanks for your reply. I can't seem to locate very many pedal reflectors at all, for any type of pedal. I did find a site in Germany (in German!), but for two reflectors plus shipping, it was almost $70. By the way, what was the comment about being in someone else's space? Was that you or am I missing someone else's joke. I am new here, so I am sorry if I am posting incorrectly. Thanks, Dave

breitsd said:
Thanks for your reply. I can't seem to locate very many pedal reflectors at all, for any type of pedal. I did find a site in Germany (in German!), but for two reflectors plus shipping, it was almost $70. By the way, what was the comment about being in someone else's space? Was that you or am I missing someone else's joke. I am new here, so I am sorry if I am posting incorrectly. Thanks, Dave
It's a math joke.

Originally Posted by breitsd .

I have searched and searched with Google and I can't seem to find the reflector (SM-PD58) which fits the clipless pedal (PD R540). Seems like there should be a market for these. My bike dealer didn't have a clue where to get them.
IMO, you have a typically lazy LBS ...

FWIW. You can either contact the SHIMANO corporate office for the part of the World in which you live (Irvine, CA for most of North America), directly ...

• they will either indicate a retailer or possibly send you a set ...

OR, you may want to consider simply applying some reflective tape onto the back edge of the pedals.

Shimano's SM-PD22 is a plastic platform kit that clips onto M520 and M540 pedals. It has reflectors on it. When Specialized and Shimano sold full-suspension MTBs with Shimano pedals, they were so equipped so customers could take them for test rides.

Here's an online source: http://www.bicyclebuys.com/pedals/PedalsMTB/0486731

When I searched on "ShimanoSM-PD58," the only hits I got were in Spanish, French, and German. I don't think this is available in North America.