Where can I buy traditional touring shoes?

Dear All,

looking for a pair of traditional touring shoes, leather uppers etc for
use with toe clips. I like toe clips! I've tried SPD shoes by big S
and their pedals but prefer toe clips when cycling in town. The SPD
shoes that I've tried are too wide to fit comfortably in toe clips.
Thanks for any advice.

Davy

On Saturday 20 May 2006 08:39 [email protected], wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> looking for a pair of traditional touring shoes, leather uppers

From a previous answer:
This company has no interweb.
Reynolds
Traditional Leather Cycling Shoes
5 Selbourne Avenue,
Bletchley,
Milton Keynes MK3 5Bx.

Asks for an SAE for information.

There is also Carnac, best search for that one as google throws up loads
of sites for carnac+cycling.
--
del :cool:

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear All,
>
> looking for a pair of traditional touring shoes, leather uppers etc for
> use with toe clips. I like toe clips! I've tried SPD shoes by big S
> and their pedals but prefer toe clips when cycling in town. The SPD
> shoes that I've tried are too wide to fit comfortably in toe clips.
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> Davy

www.bikeplus.co.uk do tradtional leather touring shoes by Carnac

Cheers, helen s

[email protected] wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> looking for a pair of traditional touring shoes, leather uppers etc for
> use with toe clips. I like toe clips! I've tried SPD shoes by big S
> and their pedals but prefer toe clips when cycling in town. The SPD
> shoes that I've tried are too wide to fit comfortably in toe clips.
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> Davy

Not much information to go on but wasn't there a guy called Pete
Salisbury who used to make bespoke leather "traditional" touring cycling
shoes.(Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can assist?)

Its not as daft as it sounds suggesting just a name as he was wildly
know - certainly in CTC circles in the 1980's.

Cheers

Alan