Where can I find men's short boxer swim trunks?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peabody, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Peabody

    Peabody Guest

    I swim laps in Speedos, but being in the good old USA I need something a bit more conservative to
    wear in social situations. I really don't like the current fashionable styles that go down to the
    knees, but can't find any "short shorts". Anybody know of a source for these? Like maybe a 10-12"
    side seam.

    Tags:

  2. "Peabody" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I swim laps in Speedos, but being in the good old USA I need something a bit more conservative to
    > wear in social situations. I really don't like the current fashionable styles that go down to the
    > knees, but can't find any "short shorts". Anybody know of a source for these? Like maybe a 10-12"
    > side seam.

    Ok, first, go with what you feel comfortable in, dont worry about where you live, or the situation.

    Second, if you are that worried, go with a "jammer" most store that sell speedos, and baggies sell
    those. They are different lengths and they have the benifits of not being loose, and long enough to
    "look like everyone else".

    just remember, why spend money on something htat you dont like!!

    Micheal Artindale

    BTW I'm your northern neighbour and we are the same as the usa is. but I wear a speedo unless i am
    around people who may find it "morally wrong"

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I found a decent swimsuit boxer style, not to long, at International Male or Undergear. I think it's
    call the "Windsurfer Trunk". About $25 plus shipping.

  4. Peabody <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I swim laps in Speedos, but being in the good old USA I need something a bit more conservative to
    >wear in social situations. I really don't like the current fashionable styles that go down to the
    >knees, but can't find any "short shorts". Anybody know of a source for these? Like maybe a 10-12"
    >side seam.

    Any triathlon supply store will have what you need, Desoto is a good brand to look at.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

  5. Peabody

    Peabody Guest

    Dave says...

    > I found a decent swimsuit boxer style, not to long, at International Male or Undergear. I think
    > it's call the "Windsurfer Trunk". About $25 plus shipping.

    Thanks very much, Dave. If you have one of these at hand, would you mind measuring it for me? The
    websites don't have that info. I just need to know how long they are - along the side.

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Peabody wrote:
    > Dave says...
    >
    > > I found a decent swimsuit boxer style, not to long, at International Male or Undergear. I think
    > > it's call the "Windsurfer Trunk". About $25 plus shipping.
    >
    > Thanks very much, Dave. If you have one of these at hand, would you mind measuring it for me? The
    > websites don't have that info. I just need to know how long they are - along the side.

    Ten inches (I wear a medium size).

  7. Peabody

    Peabody Guest

    Dave says...

    > Ten inches (I wear a medium size).

    That's perfect. Thanks very much. I'll go order one.

  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Peabody wrote:
    > Dave says...
    >
    > > Ten inches (I wear a medium size).
    >
    > That's perfect. Thanks very much. I'll go order one.

    You're welcome. I'm lucky, socially I usually swim nude (I am a nudist). Ironically I don't wear
    speedos for lap swimming, I wear the aforementioned swim trunks since nude is not an option wear I
    swim my exercise laps.

  9. Peabody

    Peabody Guest

    Dave says...

    >> > Ten inches (I wear a medium size).

    >> That's perfect. Thanks very much. I'll go order one.

    > You're welcome. I'm lucky, socially I usually swim nude (I am a nudist). Ironically I don't wear
    > speedos for lap swimming, I wear the aforementioned swim trunks since nude is not an option wear
    > I swim my exercise laps.

    Sounds like fun, but they don't allow nudism where I live, except for people who really shouldn't be
    seen nude. :)