Where can I find torque specs for Easton EC90 Equipe?

GT

Guest
Does anyone know where I can find the torque specs for Easton's EC90
Equipe bar?

I need specs for the EA70 stem as well.

I have searched the Easton site and have not been able to find this
info.

Many thanks in advance,

Tob

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know where I can find the torque specs for Easton's EC90
> Equipe bar?
>
> I need specs for the EA70 stem as well.
>
> I have searched the Easton site and have not been able to find this
> info.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Tob

According to tech support at Easton the EA-70 bar clamp should be to a max
of 70 in-lb with the carbon bar. I found that at 65 in-lb mine still
slipped. This was increased from 65 to 70 between the 2004 and 2005 model
years. I suggest that you also use a mic on the bar. If it is undersized
it won't clamp, but they will swap it for one made to spec (at least in my
case...). Some EA-70's have the torque limits engraved, also.

Jeffrey

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:00:49 -0400, "me"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Does anyone know where I can find the torque specs for Easton's EC90
>> Equipe bar?
>>
>> I need specs for the EA70 stem as well.
>>
>> I have searched the Easton site and have not been able to find this
>> info.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Tob

>According to tech support at Easton the EA-70 bar clamp should be to a max
>of 70 in-lb with the carbon bar. I found that at 65 in-lb mine still
>slipped. This was increased from 65 to 70 between the 2004 and 2005 model
>years. I suggest that you also use a mic on the bar. If it is undersized
>it won't clamp, but they will swap it for one made to spec (at least in my
>case...). Some EA-70's have the torque limits engraved, also.
>
>Jeffrey

Thanks Jeffrey.

Mine is a 2005 and mics OK. I'll torque to 70 and see what hapens.

Thanks again.

Tob