Where can I find Trek dropout hanger replacement?

Digibike

May 11, 2005
An evil stick jumped up and grabbed my derailleur today. Busted it bad. So, I pick up a replacement (Deore XT). I had a ton of trouble adjusting it, when I realize the dropout hanger is bent! I call a local shop and I'm told it will take 10 days to get a replacement. Anyone know where I can pick one up fast in SE WI or where I can order one quickly on the internets?

Try derailleurhanger.com

They will probably have it in stock but I'm not sure how long they would take to ship.

However until you get your new hanger, it's probably worth having a go at straigtening your bent hanger. While you probably won't get it as straight as it should be, you will at least be able to get around until the new one arrives.

See http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/DAG.shtml

For a temporary repair, I wouldn't worry about being as careful as the above site, but just use the derallieur as a guide. In my opinion if you can't get it exactly right, it's better to have it slightly bent out, so that the derallieur won't end up in the spokes.

Cheesy said:
Try derailleurhanger.com

They will probably have it in stock but I'm not sure how long they would take to ship.

However until you get your new hanger, it's probably worth having a go at straigtening your bent hanger. While you probably won't get it as straight as it should be, you will at least be able to get around until the new one arrives.

See http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/DAG.shtml

For a temporary repair, I wouldn't worry about being as careful as the above site, but just use the derallieur as a guide. In my opinion if you can't get it exactly right, it's better to have it slightly bent out, so that the derallieur won't end up in the spokes.
Thanks for the links! After I discovered it was bent, I did a little straightening myself. It now works but some gears, particularly the middle ones are a bit noisey.

I'll order a couple today!

Thanks again,
Digi

I got a pair of hangers for my Trek Y bikes off ebay last week. Best to stock up on parts like this while they're still around. Looking for an alloy URT for my Y22 btw.