where can I get replacement pads for my helmet?

Battlegroup

Aug 24, 2004
The pads in my helmet are in horrible shape and I need new ones. Where can I get these?

Thanx in advance

BG

Battlegroup said:
The pads in my helmet are in horrible shape and I need new ones. Where can I get these?

Thanx in advance

BG

It would help if you indicate what brand?

I had a complete set of replacement pads for my helmet and when it came time to use them they were nowhere to be found. Then one day, low and behold one of our three ferrets came running into the living room with the pads in his mouth (they were all attached together like puzzle pieces). It was like a miracle. Of course the ferret was probably responsible for hiding them in the first place...

So anyway, I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that if you're lucky, a ferret will find some replacement pads for you??? :D

Well, if your helmet is a Bell or Giro (same parent company at this point), it's easy, or at least it was for me. I emailed Bell customer service, told them what helmet I had, asked how I could obtain new pads; the rep asked for my home address and pads came in the mail a week later.

Not bad customer service.

Battlegroup said:

Thanx in advance

BG
Just a thought here - how old is the helmet? Have a look at the foam, and see if it looks funky at all. Prolonged exposure to UV and temperature extremes can degrade the foam.

Maybe it is time for a new lid, not just a new set of pads?

Matt

Ususally they'll have an 800 number. I called Giro's and got free replacement pads sent for my 5 year old Boreas in less than a week.