Where can I get the USB Cable and Software for the Omron HEM-637 BP Monitor?

Earl Wallace

Guest
I have the Omron HEM-637 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor which I bought
in July 2003 from Costco. I just became aware that there is a
HEM-637IT model sold in Europe which includes a USB Cable and Software
so you can download the BP readings to your computer. I was looking
at the difference between these models and I can't find any (except
for the included Cable and Software). My HEM-637 model has the
"Bio-Information (BI) connection" in the top right-hand corner of the
unit (it has a soft plastic cover which you lift), as well as the "BI"
logo just like the HEM-637IT unit. It's possible that the HEM-637's
BI connector is disabled inside the unit and the Cable and Software
wouldn't work, but I'm willing to take the gamble if I can find these
items at a low enough cost.

I haven't called Omron yet, but I suspect I'll be told that these
parts are only sold with the HEM-637IT and you can't buy them
separately.

So, I guess what I am asking is this:

1) Has anyone tried -- with success -- connecting their HEM-637
to their computer and how did they do it?

2) Where can I get just the Cable and Software to try it myself?

3) Why the heck is the HEM-637IT not sold in the US? Seems like it
would sell like crazy here.

This HEM-637 is a real nice unit and is easy to use. It would be
icing on the low-carb cake if I could download the readings...

Thanks,

On 28 Sep 2003 10:36:51 -0700, [email protected] (Earl Wallace)
wrote:

You can get a USB cable in any computer supply store like Radio Shack.
As for the software, I guess you'll have to contact Omron and find out
how to purchase it.

One thing about USB cables is there are 1.1 and 2.0 and 1.1 works in
both but 2.0 only works in a 2.0 USB slot. I would imagine your
computer has a 1.1 USB slot and may have a 2.0 slot. Of course it
depends on what the device you are using needs - 1.1 would not be a
problem if you only have 2.0 slots.

Mel