Where can I get the USB Cable and Software for the Omron HEM-637 BP Monitor?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Earl Wallace, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. Earl Wallace

    Earl Wallace Guest

    I have the Omron HEM-637 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor which I bought
    in July 2003 from Costco. I just became aware that there is a
    HEM-637IT model sold in Europe which includes a USB Cable and Software
    so you can download the BP readings to your computer. I was looking
    at the difference between these models and I can't find any (except
    for the included Cable and Software). My HEM-637 model has the
    "Bio-Information (BI) connection" in the top right-hand corner of the
    unit (it has a soft plastic cover which you lift), as well as the "BI"
    logo just like the HEM-637IT unit. It's possible that the HEM-637's
    BI connector is disabled inside the unit and the Cable and Software
    wouldn't work, but I'm willing to take the gamble if I can find these
    items at a low enough cost.

    I haven't called Omron yet, but I suspect I'll be told that these
    parts are only sold with the HEM-637IT and you can't buy them
    separately.

    So, I guess what I am asking is this:

    1) Has anyone tried -- with success -- connecting their HEM-637
    to their computer and how did they do it?

    2) Where can I get just the Cable and Software to try it myself?

    3) Why the heck is the HEM-637IT not sold in the US? Seems like it
    would sell like crazy here.

    This HEM-637 is a real nice unit and is easy to use. It would be
    icing on the low-carb cake if I could download the readings...

    Thanks,

    Tags:

  2. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    On 28 Sep 2003 10:36:51 -0700, [email protected] (Earl Wallace)
    wrote:

    You can get a USB cable in any computer supply store like Radio Shack.
    As for the software, I guess you'll have to contact Omron and find out
    how to purchase it.

    One thing about USB cables is there are 1.1 and 2.0 and 1.1 works in
    both but 2.0 only works in a 2.0 USB slot. I would imagine your
    computer has a 1.1 USB slot and may have a 2.0 slot. Of course it
    depends on what the device you are using needs - 1.1 would not be a
    problem if you only have 2.0 slots.

    Mel