Where can I go biking?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by James.Scott, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James.Scott

James.Scott Guest

Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
    bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
    back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

Tags:

2. Simon

Simon Guest

Sorry Jim, I am pretty stuck too. Just moved to nottingham and am not within cycling distance of
    anything decent (by way of jumps and drops). But I have found myself chugging along canal towpaths
    and x-country routes. Damn my 3" tyres.

Simon

"James.Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
    | bike up here and am stuck riding street which i
    don't
    | like too much. I want my old dirt doubles back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim
    |

3. "James.Scott" <Jam[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
    > bike up here and am stuck riding street which i
    don't
    > like too much. I want my old dirt doubles back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim
    >

Kielder? Otterburn?

4. James.Scott wrote:
    > Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
    > bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
    > back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
    Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
    you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the lips).
    Alternatively, you could just build your own.

--
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

5. Muddy

Muddy Guest

Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > James.Scott wrote:
    > > Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
    > > bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
    > > back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim
    >
    > Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
    > Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
    > you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the lips).
    > Alternatively, you could just build your own.

Im sure there's some great trail footpaths in your area, just ride them for now.

Oh no, I did it again. My subconice got the better of me. Don't do it, don't.

Muddy - Learning b***ocks from the best, Rimmer.

(You can guarentee he's going to follow this up, talking me b***ocks than me)

6. Muddy

Muddy Guest

"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > James.Scott wrote:
    > > > > Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go
    > mountain
    > > > > biking, I just got my bike up here and am stuck riding street which i
    > don't
    > > > > like too much. I want my old dirt doubles back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim
    > > >
    > > > Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
    > > > Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
    > > > you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the
    > > > lips). Alternatively, you could just build your own.
    > >
    > > Im sure there's some great trail footpaths in your area, just ride them
    > for now.
    > >
    > > Oh no, I did it again. My subconice got the better of me. Don't do it,
    > don't.
    > >
    > > Muddy - Learning b***ocks from the best, Rimmer.
    >
    > Why, thank you kindly.
    >
    > > (You can guarentee he's going to follow this up, talking me b***ocks than
    > me)
    >
    > My bollocks have style, yours don't even have hair.
    >
    > Shaun aRe

Ooooooo. Ding, ding. and the winner is......Rimmer.

Muddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.