Where can I go biking?

James.Scott

Guest
Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

Sorry Jim, I am pretty stuck too. Just moved to nottingham and am not within cycling distance of
anything decent (by way of jumps and drops). But I have found myself chugging along canal towpaths
and x-country routes. Damn my 3" tyres.

Simon

"James.Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
| bike up here and am stuck riding street which i
don't
| like too much. I want my old dirt doubles back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

"James.Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
> bike up here and am stuck riding street which i
don't
> like too much. I want my old dirt doubles back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

Kielder? Otterburn?

James.Scott wrote:
> Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
> bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
> back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim

Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the lips).
Alternatively, you could just build your own.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> James.Scott wrote:
> > Does anyone in the Newcastle/Northumbria know anywhere cool to go mountain biking, I just got my
> > bike up here and am stuck riding street which i don't like too much. I want my old dirt doubles
> > back!!! any ideas? ta, Jim
>
> Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
> Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
> you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the lips).
> Alternatively, you could just build your own.

Im sure there's some great trail footpaths in your area, just ride them for now.

Oh no, I did it again. My subconice got the better of me. Don't do it, don't.

Muddy - Learning b***ocks from the best, Rimmer.

(You can guarentee he's going to follow this up, talking me b***ocks than me)

news:<[email protected]>...
> Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> mountain
> don't
> > >
> > > Doubles you say? You'll be wanting the Ape skatepark, complete with indoor trails at
> > > Stockton-on-Tees, and Great Ayton, just south of Middlesbrough - but expect the biggest trails
> > > you've seen, and possibly some grief from the bmxers (especially if you don't repair the
> > > lips). Alternatively, you could just build your own.
> >
> > Im sure there's some great trail footpaths in your area, just ride them
> for now.
> >
> > Oh no, I did it again. My subconice got the better of me. Don't do it,
> don't.
> >
> > Muddy - Learning b***ocks from the best, Rimmer.
>
> Why, thank you kindly.
>
> > (You can guarentee he's going to follow this up, talking me b***ocks than
> me)
>
> My bollocks have style, yours don't even have hair.
>
> Shaun aRe

Ooooooo. Ding, ding. and the winner is......Rimmer.

Muddy