Where can I lock my bike up????

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by gweny01, Mar 3, 2005.

1. gweny01

gweny01 New Member

I want to get a bike to ride to work on since I don't have a Drivers License...but there is no bike rack near my place of work... Can I just randomly lock it up to a railing that is aligned with the parkin spots for vehicles? or is that against the law???? How about a tree can I lock it to that?? Someone help me please! I live in Huntsville TX is that matters any...:confused:

Tags:

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Talk to your employer so that you can find a place inside the building to stow your treasure. The boss should understand since that will be your only form of transportation, mine always did. Maybe behind a desk in the office or an empty closet. Look around and then ask him.

3. Hickabod

Hickabod New Member

I keep mine in the electrical room (where the scary switchgear hums) here at work. Depending on where you work, there is usually somewhere out of the way where you can store it. Maybe a boiler room or a air compressor building, anything dealing with utilities that isn't accessed everyday is a good spot.

When I'm riding around town, I often run into the same problems. I don't worry about it and just lock my bike to whatever the cable will fit around; tree, railing, trash can, fountain, cop, whatever.