Where can I purchase Long Sleeve TDF Yellow jerseys online?

Mankul

Jul 1, 2004
Hi,

Been searching online shops for those that sell them but I haven't come across one that stock the LONG SLEEVE version. All the stores are seliing the short sleeve one.

Anyone know where I can get TDF Long Sleeve Yellow Jerseys?

Thanks.

Mankul said:
Hi,

Been searching online shops for those that sell them but I haven't come across one that stock the LONG SLEEVE version. All the stores are seliing the short sleeve one.

Thanks.

It's just a feeling, but I think you might be about to receive a whole lot of flak about buying a maillot jaune replica...

pineapple said:
It's just a feeling, but I think you might be about to receive a whole lot of flak about buying a maillot jaune replica...

Well I'm JUST took up cycling a month ago... and pretty enthusiastic about road cycling... my bike is black/yellow combi and I'm on a black/yellow theme and I like the yellow jersey design and it would be my FIRST bike jersey I've ever bought and I like LA and I just witness my first TDF on tv and I've never been on a road race before and I don't care about what flak I get from others for buying that jersey.. btw I've read some threads with flaking about buying the yellow jersey while I was searching forums... If its ILLEGAL to wear them, why would nike sell them in the first place? ... I'm sure the cycling community wouldn't dampen the bursting enthusiam of a newbie road rider.

Now let's just get to the point of this thread shall we?

Anyone knows where I can get them online?\

Thanks a lot.

Mankul said:
Hi,

Thanks.
They dont make replica's of it...because you have to earn it....any rider i ever see wearing imitations has some MAJOR balls....and better not be going slower than 30mph...

Since you just started biking why dont you work on it a bit and then join a team...once you have a team jersey and bib you belong to you will feel much better than wearing something you didnt earn..
my 2 cents..
good luck and put on a flame suit..

Mankul said:
Well I'm JUST took up cycling a month ago... and pretty enthusiastic about road cycling... my bike is black/yellow combi and I'm on a black/yellow theme and I like the yellow jersey design and it would be my FIRST bike jersey I've ever bought and I like LA and I just witness my first TDF on tv and I've never been on a road race before and I don't care about what flak I get from others for buying that jersey.. btw I've read some threads with flaking about buying the yellow jersey while I was searching forums... If its ILLEGAL to wear them, why would nike sell them in the first place? ... I'm sure the cycling community wouldn't dampen the bursting enthusiam of a newbie road rider.

Now let's just get to the point of this thread shall we?

Anyone knows where I can get them online?\

Thanks a lot.
If you are into the black/yellow theme, and want a team jersey, get an ONCE jersey from 2003.

Don't listen to anyone. If you want to wear a jersey, just get it. If it bothers others, that is their problem, not yours! Just realise that you will get comments on the road, but it is up to you to let them bother you or not... ;)

Why not check out the official Tour de France page to get the original! :cool:

www.letour.fr ---> look at the 'store' section and order away!

Enjoy the shopping and especially the riding!

How about a site where they just sell plain colored jerseys, does anyone know of any?
I went to the local shop and couldn't find any, I prefer just one color but no one seems to have any (LBS). any suggestions?

jon_e said:
How about a site where they just sell plain colored jerseys, does anyone know of any?
I went to the local shop and couldn't find any, I prefer just one color but no one seems to have any (LBS). any suggestions?

Have you tried Performance Bike Shop? They usually have plain jerseys. Check out this one (click the buttons under the jersey pic to see the different colors).

Okay, I'm going to get a ration of sh*t for this, but I'm anything but PC. When was the last time you saw somebody wear a Cowboys jersey, or a Manchester United jersey or whatever basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey,jai alai, cricket, etc while playing their sport? I will never wear a maillot juane because I've been cycling nearly 20 years and have some reverence for the thing, but I won't think some CAT 5 is a tool for wearing one. It's just some guy celebrating his hero. Would you give a hard time to someone wanting a replica green jersey? Or a pink one? Give the guy a break.

I commented on this in the "Wearing Yellow" thread. Buy what you want, wear what you want, but for me I must say I just could not wear it. The yellow is reserved for the finest riders out there. If you want to honor Team Discovery and Lance maybe you can do this jersey http://shopping.discovery.com/DiscoveryStore/images/products/small/732156_sm.jpg

I know, not a long sleeve.
When I see someone wearing yellow I think that they don't fully understand the history, the tradition, and the commitment that it truly involves. Yellow is the indication of being the best in all respects. Until I reach that point personally, I will not be wearing it anytime soon. There is just something about wearing yellow that brings back memories of past champions and future ones that I would be doing a disservice to by wearing the color. Don't take me wrong please, do what you want, but for me, wearing yellow is not an option. I didn't deserve it, won't wear it.

Mankul, if you want to avoid the flak and remarks but want to honor Lance then possibly pick up a Livestrong jersey. It has the Black and Yellow theme you are looking for. They also sell socks, arm warmers and all sorts of apparel for Livestrong and it will also help the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Back off people. If the guy wants a long sleeve yellow jersey let him get one. Cyclists can sometimes be very opiniated, snobby people.