Where can I purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drjoel

I am looking for the top seat skewer for the HP Velotechnik seat, anyone know where I can get one or
another skewer 2 1/2" long skewer? Thanks. --

Originally posted by Drjoel
I am looking for the top seat skewer for the HP Velotechnik seat, anyone know where I can get one or
another skewer 2 1/2" long skewer? Thanks. --

I recently required a seat skewer for my BikeE seat and as I reside in the U.K. found it impossible to find or get any info about original equipment on the bike. So to overcome the problem I used the nearest standard size Q/R spindle as used on wheels and had a set of spacers machined to enable the Q/R to fasten satisfactorily.This solution will also be useful if the skewer breaks again and will save having to get an special sized skewer specific to your bike.Hope this works for you!

The problem is a 63.5mm is going to be hard to space, and that will mean a lot of spacers. 2 1/2" is
just a bit short of a seat skewer on DF bike.

<pedal&amp>; "pint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Drjoel wrote:
> > I am looking for the top seat skewer for the HP Velotechnik seat, anyone know where I can get
> > one or another skewer 2 1/2" long skewer? Thanks. --
>
>
>
> I recently required a seat skewer for my BikeE seat and as I reside in the U.K. found it
> impossible to find or get any info about original equipment on the bike. So to overcome the
> problem I used the nearest standard size Q/R spindle as used on wheels and had a set of spacers
> machined to enable the Q/R to fasten satisfactorily.This solution will also be useful if the
> skewer breaks again and will save having to get an special sized skewer specific to your bike.Hope
> this works for you!
>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.