Where did my TT power go?

lanierb

Aug 12, 2004
Originally Posted by quenya .
What I'm most pleased about is that I brought my TT bike FTP up to within 4-5 % of my road bike FTP.
The altitude difference alone should have been about 5%, so it sounds like maybe you got the TT power all the way there (or maybe your FTP went up). I've struggled mightily with my TT power this spring and am not back to where I was last fall yet.

quenya

Jan 14, 2010
A recent crit where I was very busy being stupid (eg on or off the front for no reason) suggested a small rise in FTP, which I've been using for my calculations, but I haven't formally tested on the road bike because all my TT specific training/testing gas been on the road bike. And, I used a 3% adjustment from Sattley to estimate FTP due to the altitude difference.

awilki01

Sep 20, 2011
Breaking an hour......I wish I could do that. It's going to take some really smart training for me to be able to do that by next year.

quenya

Jan 14, 2010
Thanks Swampy. Means a lot coming from a limey. :p Awilki01, there is a virtual ton of good advice in these threads. I've learned from a lot of members, especially Swampy1970 and daveryanwyoming.

danfoz

Apr 12, 2011
Originally Posted by quenya .

Thanks Swampy. Means a lot coming from a limey. :p
Awilki01, there is a virtual ton of good advice in these threads. I've learned from a lot of members, especially Swampy1970 and daveryanwyoming.
I've missed Dave's informative posts as of late. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads...

awilki01

Sep 20, 2011
Originally Posted by danfoz .

I've missed Dave's informative posts as of late. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads...
He's recently responded to me on the GMail Wattage email group. He's a great source of information!