Where did you buy your ride ???

Got my roadbike (a '92 Paramount series 7) on craigslist. Was the best (maybe only?) way to get a great first road bike for my $300. At $300, paying $100 for shipping made no sense, at $1500 obviously, your considerations differ.

alienator said:
First and foremost, someone should get the bike they want. They should be limited to whatever bikes their LBS's stock. A person should also not overpay just to buy from an LBS. Too expensive is too expensive, no matter where that product is. It's important to keep in mind that one LBS is not like another. You should buy from an LBS if they can't wrench on bikes correctly or if their customer service sucks.

Any reputable LBS will service a customer who bought their bike online just as if that customer had bought their bike at the LBS. Any LBS that won't do that, doesn't deserve anyone's patronage.
Did you forget a couple of "not"s in your post or were you just being sarcastic?

kdelong said:
Did you forget a couple of "not"s in your post or were you just being sarcastic?

I see my assistant isn't proofreading my memos. I forgot two "nots" to be exact.