Where Did You Ride Your Road Bike Today?

Nowhere. It was to dang hot and my leg isn't healed. If I had been able to ride today I would have picked a shaded section of the interurban trail or gone up to the mountains where it was cooler.

i rode a few blocks today (test new crank) 0_0, i had spent most of the day out of town, although i did 50+km yesterday on the paths to work so all is good

64 miles in an event on beautiful backroads in Washington County, MD. First ride on new Look Blade pedals after many years on Speedplay.

I went on a 53 mile memorial ride for a deceased member of our club. After his diagnosis he and his wife rode a tandem across the country. His widow was there today. See a 2 minute documentary about him while still alive, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDKT3mx5oI

Actually just got back from a 15 mile night ride after putting the grand kids to bed (babysitting - don't worry, wife at home so I didn't leave them alone :) ).

Just left the house, went down past Lake Massapoag in Sharon, MA, then through Mansfield and back home. Some nice views of the moon over the lake, some dark stretches with the sounds of the wilderness. Actually hit a 6-mile stretch with no cars.

And to boot averaged over 18mph on my commuter bike (Specialized Sirrus). Pothole dodging is the biggest challenge at night.

Today I rode 50.8 miles from San Jose to Sunnyvale with some small hills, I used the Guadalupe trail near the airport. Avg speed was about 13 mph, i like to enjoy my ride at a moderate pace. I saw a rooster making noise in a parking lot. The weather was nice and warm, also I saw the new 49ers stadium finally built. Till next time.

Nowhere today, sadly. I was stuck using the stationary bike today. There have been a lot of storms here recently and several forest fires started. Several warnings were put out to not stay outdoors for a prolonged period of time, or to avoid going outside altogether if you have asthma because of all the smog. So as someone with asthma, I figured it would be best to stick indoors this time around. Tomorrow hopefully things will be more clear though, and if they are I will hopefully get in a nice ride!

Well, I never got to ride my bike today as I was working on a project for a client. It's sad because today was a lovely and sunny day, perfect for a bit of riding. However, I did some serious cycling over the weekend across the East Rand in South Africa. Lots of old mining towns next to each other, great to ride through each one and enjoy the sites and old world architecture. Plan on riding again this coming weekend if the weather is still decent.

I've traveled to the high I went to as a teenager which is Morton West for some nice memories. I went through the town in which I live which is nice to familiarize myself with what is going on in my town such as the construction of a new park or buildings being redesigned and constructed. Some may find it creepy but I often like to take a stroll through the cemetery while biking. I don't know, I find it interesting. I like to enjoy the scenery that I am around during bike rides as mentioned in the first two examples because a cycling experience is as much about the scenery as it is the performance of the ride.

Went on the Cape Cod Canal on my bike. Wasn't a bad ride underneath the bridges and a nice scenery of boats comming past. Nice day!

I went to work this morning on my bike, like every morning. Later on, I will go shopping on my bike, and tomorrow it's the weekend, and I'll be going on a small tour with a friend who has a property in the countryside only 15 km out of town. There isn't a day that goes by without me riding my bike. In fact, it feels like an extension of me, and I really miss it if I don't have any pedals under my feet. :)

Today its pouring rain, but yesterday i took a lap around Keuka Lake in western NY. A gorgeous 44 mile loop around the finger lakes wine country. Highly recommend the route.

NJAgent020 said:
Today its pouring rain, but yesterday i took a lap around Keuka Lake in western NY. A gorgeous 44 mile loop around the finger lakes wine country. Highly recommend the route.
Over here, the pouring rain is a good respite for bikers. Usually, the sun is hot during the daytime particularly around noon. And when the rain pours, motorcyclists would be pulling over to side where there is shade. But most cyclists would continue with their business as if they are water proof. Ask any cyclist here and they will admit that they like the rain. I am really sad that I have no bike at the moment.

NJAgent020 said:
New York would be a good place to ride a bicycle. I've heard before that if people like me who live in Illinois would take the average distance that we walked in a year we would be able to walk to New York and back. According to my calculations, that would mean that we could bike to New York in approximately a month. Maybe I should think about a bicycling adventure such as that.

Corzhens said:
Over here, the pouring rain is a good respite for bikers. Usually, the sun is hot during the daytime particularly around noon. And when the rain pours, motorcyclists would be pulling over to side where there is shade. But most cyclists would continue with their business as if they are water proof. Ask any cyclist here and they will admit that they like the rain. I am really sad that I have no bike at the moment.
I think that cyclist like us are the real men willing to put effort into making a bike move unlike motorcyclist who put in no effort. Plus as shown in your example we are willing to take the rain. I like the rain and think that it is relaxing to ride a bicycle in it every once in awhile. It's not all that rainy over were I live. Australia wouldn't be a good place to live if you like riding in the rain because it almost never rains there.

Today rode my bike down to a beach down the street from where I live. Fireworks were and are still going on here which is great! Such a surprise ending to a nice ride if you think about it! :D

Today I went shopping for green vegetables using my road bike. The weather was fine so I had no problem cycling. After picking the greens I headed straight home. It was fun cycling to and fro.

I still have no bike until now because my doctor is not at peace with the occasional swelling of my right leg. The doc calls it a mouse, right at the back of the shin. It feels sore like muscle pain. Okay, when this heals, I would be getting my own mountain bike again and probably I would be on my way to Antipolo on the first weekend. Antipolo is the haven of cyclists for its mountainous roads of about 8 kilometers or so. I really get excited at the thought.