Where do I find a fork with disc mounts for a 20" wheel

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruno, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Bruno

    Bruno Guest

    And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!

    It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.

    Kind regards

    Bruno

    Tags:

  2. Bruno wrote:
    > And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!
    >
    > It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Bruno

    Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk about
    this stuff!

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. Bruno

    Bruno Guest

    Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

    > Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk about
    > this stuff!

    Thx. I was thinking that also I have just never seen a BMX with disc brakes.

    In the mean time I have managed to find a few options on the net and
    even a suspension fork - only thing is I think that is more a toy than
    something you put on a bike which can haul a load:)

    I think I'll do the smart thing and stick with a rigid fork.

    Kind regards

    Bruno

    PS. The max weight for my planned Long John is something like 550 punds
    (Heavy bike, big rider and something like 250 pounds of payload).

  4. Bruno wrote:
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
    >>
    >> Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk
    >> about this stuff!
    >>

    > Thx. I was thinking that also I have just never seen a BMX with disc
    > brakes.
    > In the mean time I have managed to find a few options on the net and
    > even a suspension fork - only thing is I think that is more a toy than
    > something you put on a bike which can haul a load:)
    >
    > I think I'll do the smart thing and stick with a rigid fork.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Bruno
    >

    > PS. The max weight for my planned Long John is something like 550
    > punds (Heavy bike, big rider and something like 250 pounds of
    > payload).

    I was actually kidding (I've never seen a BMX with discs either, except on
    the internet) and you will probably have to go custom. Not sure who makes
    custom forks but they're out there. Go for titanium for extra bling.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. Trials bikes run front rigid forks with disks these days. Check your
    local trials shop for a "mod" fork (in trials, "mod" means 20" wheels).
    Not sure if they're 1" or 1 1/8", though.

    Echo makes several models, so does Monty. I'm sure there are others.

  6. Try White Brothers, they make some 20" suspension forks for the
    recumbent market.
    Steve.

  7. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!
    >
    > It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Bruno

    At the 1" steerer 20 inch wheel disc mount discount fork shop.

    Shaun aRe