Where do I find a fork with disc mounts for a 20" wheel

Bruno

Guest
And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!

It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.

Kind regards

Bruno

Bruno wrote:
> And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!
>
> It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk about
this stuff!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

> Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk about
> this stuff!

Thx. I was thinking that also I have just never seen a BMX with disc brakes.

In the mean time I have managed to find a few options on the net and
even a suspension fork - only thing is I think that is more a toy than
something you put on a bike which can haul a load:)

I think I'll do the smart thing and stick with a rigid fork.

Kind regards

Bruno

PS. The max weight for my planned Long John is something like 550 punds
(Heavy bike, big rider and something like 250 pounds of payload).

Bruno wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>
>> Ask the local BMX kids at your local skate park. They love to talk
>> about this stuff!
>>

> Thx. I was thinking that also I have just never seen a BMX with disc
> brakes.
> In the mean time I have managed to find a few options on the net and
> even a suspension fork - only thing is I think that is more a toy than
> something you put on a bike which can haul a load:)
>
> I think I'll do the smart thing and stick with a rigid fork.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno
>

> PS. The max weight for my planned Long John is something like 550
> punds (Heavy bike, big rider and something like 250 pounds of
> payload).

I was actually kidding (I've never seen a BMX with discs either, except on
the internet) and you will probably have to go custom. Not sure who makes
custom forks but they're out there. Go for titanium for extra bling.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Trials bikes run front rigid forks with disks these days. Check your
local trials shop for a "mod" fork (in trials, "mod" means 20" wheels).
Not sure if they're 1" or 1 1/8", though.

Echo makes several models, so does Monty. I'm sure there are others.

Try White Brothers, they make some 20" suspension forks for the
recumbent market.
Steve.

"Bruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And just to make it interesting I need it to be a 1" and not 1.1/8"!
>
> It's for a Long John which I'm rigging for a bit of everything.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

At the 1" steerer 20 inch wheel disc mount discount fork shop.

Shaun aRe