where do I find this watch???

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Ressie Jauvin, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Roger 2k

    Roger 2k Guest

    WOW that is one heck of a watch.

    The only think I'd be afraid of is if it has a 12 hour limit. Meaning if you accidentally leave it
    running in "stopwatch"mode and it rolls over 12 hours you have to completely reset the laps before
    you can store any more of them.

    Ressie Jauvin wrote in message ...
    >I can't wait any longer. I want it now, now, now!!! Looks mean and sl33k
    >
    >http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148545915

  3. Amh

    Amh Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 02:24:23 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Well if you were on the up and up, you would have seen that you could order that ugly watch
    > from the link you posted. Did they offer you a commission?

    Read a little closer where the web site indicates the item is out of stock.

    Andy

    >--
    >Joseph E. Meehan
    >
    >26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    >

    >"Ressie Jauvin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:p[email protected]...
    >> I can't wait any longer. I want it now, now, now!!! Looks mean and sl33k
    >>
    >> http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=048148545915

  4. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Lallo,

    All runs are training runs to train the body especially the legs to be able to run without
    unnecessary tightness and minimal to no pain.

    In working with numerous runners over many years, all the stops are to minimize any tightness in the
    leg muscles. The idea being that for long distances, one wants to finish feeling the last few miles
    were a workout and not a deathmarch.

    The picture http://www.mindfulness.com/of1.asp shows you how to roll from side to side and slide
    down the calf muscle.

    The more you stop and massage as you begin your running program, the less you'll have to stop and
    deal with the tightness as your time or distance increases.

    As Ed and others have stated, they work out the tightness in the muscles before, during and after
    their runs. I go for the massage rather than the stretching, as you may end up stretching the muscle
    fiber that hasn't knotted which will later join the knot and then be banded in place by the
    shortened fascia surrounding the knotted or shortened and contracted muscle.

    In health and on the run, Ozzie Gontang Maintainer - rec.running FAQ Director, San Diego Marathon
    Clinic, est. 1975

    Mindful Running: http://www.mindfulness.com/mr.asp http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/

    In article <[email protected]>, Laloo Yadav <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thanks Very uch,
    >
    > I just felt (past tense) that if I was stopping and stretching on y little 2k run I wouldn't be
    > iproving y fitness however now that I see that this is noral practise I will stop and stretch and
    > aybe increase the lenth of the run by 300 to copensate.
    >
    > Again I apologise for asking a question sort of on the faq and appresiate all the answers.
    >
    > lalloo "Hedgehog & Markarina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Stopping to stretch isn't cheating....it's necessary if
    > you're getting pain.
    > > Put it another way, would you rather "run a bit, stretch,
    > run some more" or
    > > "run without stopping, pull a muscle, not run for 3
    > weeks"???
    > >
    > > Cheers, Hedgehog
    > >
    > > "Laloo Yadav" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > any thanks Eduardo, I have been stopping to stretch during runs. I sort of
    > feel
    > > > like this is 'cheating' if I persevere will the pain go away? BTW Just read the FAQ which
    > > > contains some info on this subject.
    > > >

    > > > any Thanks
    > > >
    > > > lalloo "Eduardo Suastegui" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > question

    > times
    > > > With

    > basic
    > > > gist is to massage
    > up
    > > > your run with a
    > > > mid-run to massage and
    > > > up-and-down motion along
    > pressure.
    > > > In the past, I
    > stick
    > > > before and after
    > when
    > > > your calves are

    > ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,
    > > > ø¤º
    > > > >

    > ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,
    > > > ø¤º

  5. Chris Smith

    Chris Smith Guest

    Why do I respond?

    I saw in several publications including USA Today (hardly a Republican mouthpiece) that there are
    several mixtures. I seem to remember 5 but there could have been more.

    "Bill-always hard-Rodgers " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Christ, you just stupider with every post. Read ahead jackass.

    > >> About half of what you pay per gallon is taxes and cost of additives required to "protect" the
    > >> environment. Outside of those costs, which
    are
    > >> required by your federal and state governments, the government has
    little
    > >> control over the cost of the actual fuel part. On a grand scale the government has a little
    > >> control on pricing by influencing the oil supply...but freeing up oil for our purchase would
    > >> only drive the cost
    > >down.ne of the issues with current gas prices being so high is that there
    > are a lot of different mixtures that need to be made because of
    local/state
    > regulations.
    > >

    > Are you REALLY stupid enough to believe this crap? If so you must be a republican, because only a
    > repub would be stupid enough to believe
    ANYTHING or
    > ANYONE from an oil company. These *mixtures* he talks about are BS, there are two
    > mixtures, one for
    Cal.
    > one for everyone else, that's why Cal drivers pay so much more than the
    rest of
    > the country for gas. As far as taxes go we in Mass pay .39 cents a gallon,
    that
    > hardly accounts for a 2$ a gal price tag. Next time look on the gas pump
    and
    > the amount in taxes is listed there. Gas prices don't go up or down
    because of
    > the tax. Get informed instead of spouting "oilmans bullshit" around the web,
    afterall
    > with Bush in office were getting enough bullshit to last 20 years.
    >

    > Bill R.
    >
    > =============> - -- - (_!_)
    > OO

  6. Amh

    Amh Guest

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 01:59:40 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What 12 hour limit - useless piece of shit!!

    You ultra marathoners are all the same!

    I was actually thinking it would be a good replacement for my Casio 30 lap watch. But I'm not going
    to part with it just yet. 11 years and still going.

    I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.

    Andy

  7. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:

    > Now that I'm about to attempt an event at which my time could just as well be measured with a
    > calendar as with a watch, you're starting to make more sense to me, Doug. Very disturbing. ;-)

    It's an acquired illness. :) Since it is a fairly flat 50, and if you behave on the early loops,
    I would think you should finish sub 12. Having said that, I would hold off buying the watch
    because once you finish the 50 you too will become ill and think about those races that go
    another mile or two. ;)

    The only advice I give for one of these and is often not understood or appreciated until the second
    attempt, "Find a pace that feels real comfortable, and then run slower."

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  8. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:

    > Now that I'm about to attempt an event at which my time could just as well be measured with a
    > calendar as with a watch, you're starting to make more sense to me, Doug. Very disturbing. ;-)

    It's an acquired illness. :) Since it is a fairly flat 50, and if you behave on the early loops,
    I would think you should finish sub 12. Having said that, I would hold off buying the watch
    because once you finish the 50 you too will become ill and think about those races that go
    another mile or two. ;)

    The only advice I give for one of these and is often not understood or appreciated until the second
    attempt, "Find a pace that feels real comfortable, and then run slower."

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  9. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    amh wrote:

    > I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.

    That's because your too damn fast. After menopause you tend to measure time in glacial increments.

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  10. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    amh wrote:

    > I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.

    That's because your too damn fast. After menopause you tend to measure time in glacial increments.

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  11. Chris Smith

    Chris Smith Guest

    Why do I respond?

    I saw in several publications including USA Today (hardly a Republican mouthpiece) that there are
    several mixtures. I seem to remember 5 but there could have been more.

    "Bill-always hard-Rodgers " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Christ, you just stupider with every post. Read ahead jackass.

    > >> About half of what you pay per gallon is taxes and cost of additives required to "protect" the
    > >> environment. Outside of those costs, which
    are
    > >> required by your federal and state governments, the government has
    little
    > >> control over the cost of the actual fuel part. On a grand scale the government has a little
    > >> control on pricing by influencing the oil supply...but freeing up oil for our purchase would
    > >> only drive the cost
    > >down.ne of the issues with current gas prices being so high is that there
    > are a lot of different mixtures that need to be made because of
    local/state
    > regulations.
    > >

    > Are you REALLY stupid enough to believe this crap? If so you must be a republican, because only a
    > repub would be stupid enough to believe
    ANYTHING or
    > ANYONE from an oil company. These *mixtures* he talks about are BS, there are two
    > mixtures, one for
    Cal.
    > one for everyone else, that's why Cal drivers pay so much more than the
    rest of
    > the country for gas. As far as taxes go we in Mass pay .39 cents a gallon,
    that
    > hardly accounts for a 2$ a gal price tag. Next time look on the gas pump
    and
    > the amount in taxes is listed there. Gas prices don't go up or down
    because of
    > the tax. Get informed instead of spouting "oilmans bullshit" around the web,
    afterall
    > with Bush in office were getting enough bullshit to last 20 years.
    >

    > Bill R.
    >
    > =============> - -- - (_!_)
    > OO

  12. Amh

    Amh Guest

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 01:59:40 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What 12 hour limit - useless piece of shit!!

    You ultra marathoners are all the same!

    I was actually thinking it would be a good replacement for my Casio 30 lap watch. But I'm not going
    to part with it just yet. 11 years and still going.

    I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.

    Andy

  13. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:

    > Now that I'm about to attempt an event at which my time could just as well be measured with a
    > calendar as with a watch, you're starting to make more sense to me, Doug. Very disturbing. ;-)

    It's an acquired illness. :) Since it is a fairly flat 50, and if you behave on the early loops,
    I would think you should finish sub 12. Having said that, I would hold off buying the watch
    because once you finish the 50 you too will become ill and think about those races that go
    another mile or two. ;)

    The only advice I give for one of these and is often not understood or appreciated until the second
    attempt, "Find a pace that feels real comfortable, and then run slower."

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  14. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    amh wrote:

    > I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.

    That's because your too damn fast. After menopause you tend to measure time in glacial increments.

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email protected]

  15. Roger 2k

    Roger 2k Guest

    amh wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >>What 12 hour limit - useless piece of shit!!
    >
    >You ultra marathoners are all the same!
    >
    >I was actually thinking it would be a good replacement for my Casio 30 lap watch. But I'm not going
    >to part with it just yet. 11 years and still going.
    >
    >I've never gotten beyond a 6 hour race though.
    >
    >Andy

    After doing some more testing, it looks like it will go more then 12 hours.

    I use my Timex Ironman to record some hills in the area and if I forget and leave it running, I'll
    find the only way I can store more laps is to reset all the laps.

    I've also found out that if I try saving more than 50 laps, it will save the newer ones and delete
    the older ones. I think that part is pretty cool. But I wonder if that will quit working the same
    at 100 laps.

    Roger

  16. Roger Hunter

    Roger Hunter Guest

    "Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > That's because your too damn fast. After menopause you tend to measure time in glacial increments.

    You're not very good with analogy, are you? 'Glacial increments' doesn't even make sense, you
    moronic Yankee. Could your offspring be flying A-10s in the Gulf currently, or manning stop
    patrols on roads?

    Roger.

  17. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Roger 2k wrote:

    > I've also found out that if I try saving more than 50 laps, it will save the newer ones and delete
    > the older ones. I think that part is pretty cool. But I wonder if that will quit working the same
    > at 100 laps.

    Go for a long run and push it 101 times. :)