where do you keep your heartrate monitor?

Originally posted by frenk
Where do you keep your heartrate monitor? --another silly poll :p

technicly i use both, but on my roadie which i ride more often its on the bars. its waaaayyyy too hard to check it in the dark under a jacket when it son your wrist :D

when on a mountain bike tho it lives on my arm. whether this is cause im too cheap to buy a bike mount or i prefer it on my arm remains a mystery to me...

My first one was on the handel bars than as the years went by I lost my adapter for the bars. Now I have new monitor and it's on my wrist. I don't use it while on the mountain bike.

On my wrist. Its really just there to record data which i review when i get home.

Both.

Used to keep it on the wrist permanently, but my new cadence sensor, even with as close a placement as possible and the jumper set to max power, refuses to work when the watch is on the top of my wrist.

Disappointing.

I have to use the underside of my wrist, or stick the watch on the handlebars, where space is a premium.

on my wrist most of the time, even though I have the adapter for the handle bar on the handle bars. I find that I like the HRM on my wrist and my watch (with digital compass) on the handle bars

When I first read the post, I was thinking of the chest strap... That damned thing -- for some reason I'm always putting it in different places and can never find it when I want to. In the garage, in the laundry room (where I leave the house and keep my helmet/gloves/etc), on the kitchen counter, draped over my bike, in the bathroom where I took it off pre-shower last time, in the closet near the bathroom. I'm hopeless. :confused:

concord said:
My first one was on the handel bars than as the years went by I lost my adapter for the bars. Now I have new monitor and it's on my wrist. I don't use it while on the mountain bike.

All you need is a piece of flexible styrofoam. Wrap it around the handlebar to make it wrist size, and then put the watch (monitor) on it.

I've got the polar bike mount on all three of my bikes. My new 'crosser will get a polar bike mount as well...

frenk said:
Where do you keep your heartrate monitor? --another silly poll :p

I keep mine on my bars. Like GNTLMN said...look at the pics and you will see how I did mine.

I keep mine (Polar 625X) on the handlebars of my road bike with the $13 FSA computer holder. For triathlons on my TT bike (where its on my wrist getting out of the water, once I'm on the bike I'll just loosen the strap a lot and push it up my forearm, so that even in the aerobars I get a constant HR view. Then quick tighten for the run.