Where do you live and what do you do?

Stealth Hunter said:
LIVE INKENTWORK AS A

MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN &

AS MUCH RIDING AS POSSIBLE
Thanks for the message. I don't normally reply to people from Alaska to Zanzibar to gas about mountain bikes and triathlons. BUT with you being in the Addiscombe I'll make an exception. Great club, and so is David Duffields Fan Club on the Addiscombe website. Why not join us on the Eurosport cycling MB. It's in a bit of flux at the moment. Just write something in under Stealth Hunter. More later.

I live in Watford and I work for BT Yahoo! Internet, Just getting back into riding after a couple of years gap,

Hi,
I live in Thatcham and currently ride and ICE T trike, for pleasure but also for business

jjcarling said:
Hi,
I live in Thatcham and currently ride and ICE T trike, for pleasure but also for business
Where's Thatchem? Norfolk? I never had a trike as a kid. The best person to ask about this is David Duffield or John Arnold both champion record holders. It amazes me that you can ride a trike as a business. Are you in a circus? or does it give the drivers of 40 ton wagons something to think about.

pokerpete said:
Where's Thatchem? Norfolk? I never had a trike as a kid. The best person to ask about this is David Duffield or John Arnold both champion record holders. It amazes me that you can ride a trike as a business. Are you in a circus? or does it give the drivers of 40 ton wagons something to think about.

Thatcham is in Berkshire and when traffic is heavy on the A4 I find it easier to hop on the trike and get around, there are some vaguely reasoanble cycle paths around here.

jjcarling said:
Thatcham is in Berkshire and when traffic is heavy on the A4 I find it easier to hop on the trike and get around, there are some vaguely reasoanble cycle paths around here.
God help cyclists in Berks, It's got to be the most dangerous place in the country to ride. The traffic's horrendous. have you tried a tank?

pokerpete said:
God help cyclists in Berks, It's got to be the most dangerous place in the country to ride. The traffic's horrendous. have you tried a tank?

Oh I dunno, there are a lot of quiet country roads around the place and some of them are quite scenic. Some like the A4 are a bit of a night mare but I find motorists in general treat a trike with respect and give it a wide berth. Lorries ae usually very courteous, travelling sales reps and 'white van man' not so. Also some of the cycle paths are actually rather useful

jjcarling said:
Oh I dunno, there are a lot of quiet country roads around the place and some of them are quite scenic. Some like the A4 are a bit of a night mare but I find motorists in general treat a trike with respect and give it a wide berth. Lorries ae usually very courteous, travelling sales reps and 'white van man' not so. Also some of the cycle paths are actually rather useful
I live in Dartford Kent, I ride on and off road.Cycling in North Kent is a bit of a nightmare at times. The roads are busier by the day !! I use Route 1 from time to time. There is a new section being built along side of the A2. It's traffic free but very very noisy and of course plenty of lovely traffic fumes !! Does anybody know any info about the proposed new cycle path that will follow along the Thames from Greenhithe to Gravesend ? Sustrans have been talking about the path for some time, Im hoping that it will be built.
Oh yeah, Im a Sheetmetal worker by trade.

ALAN 1130 said:
I live in Dartford Kent, I ride on and off road.Cycling in North Kent is a bit of a nightmare at times. The roads are busier by the day !! I use Route 1 from time to time. There is a new section being built along side of the A2. It's traffic free but very very noisy and of course plenty of lovely traffic fumes !! Does anybody know any info about the proposed new cycle path that will follow along the Thames from Greenhithe to Gravesend ? Sustrans have been talking about the path for some time, Im hoping that it will be built.
Thanks for the mail. I'm sorry I can't help you as I don't live in the area. Why not try the CTC.

hi,I live in Sheffield,so i can ride in the peak district,or go east to the flat lands of Lincolnshire.

Off to Majorca on the 8th january,training with the likes of Malcolm Elliott!!...Can't wait....(not)

train hard,race easy

john t

I'm a student, from Manchester, and I have 2 bikes, this Saxon Tritec dual suspension, and a Diamondback FS10 Dual Suspension. I am getting rid of the Saxon and getting a BOSS Reflex dual suspension which I cant wait to get!

In the past I have had quite a few bikes:

Some 12 inch red bike with foamy wheels as my first bike

Then this black Emelle bike which didnt last long.

Then I got this Gorgeus red Peugeot Bike, but that got stolen

Then my first Dual Suspension Barracuda Torsion which could haul ass but was troublesome and the brakes were non-existant

Then in Jan 2004 I got my Saxon Tritec which started out brill, but then had 20+ punctures in summer.

Last Christmas I got a Diamondback FS10 which can haul ass, has brilliant brakes and is WELL worth the £170 my gran payed for it.

And on Wednesday I put a £10 deposit on a boss reflex, which will be deliverd once the Saxon has gone.

And thats a rap on my bike history!

Hello,
I'm a new forum member.
I'm in North Tyneside and belong to a club in Newcastle - Gosforth RC.
I do time trials and dabble occasionaly in road races.

Achilles04:)

ALAN 1130 said:
Not far from Dartford and cycle mostly in triangle between Sidcup, Orpington and, say, Biggin Hill. Weather and roads in this part of the country have meant lots of cleaning the bike, so I'm holding off investing in a new road-bike for a while yet. Looking at a Giant OCR2 for when the spring comes (?) ...

2LAP said:
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?

I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
Hi, I live in mid Beds and ride a Specialized mtb mainly XC but now starting to ride the roads more to. Still trying to get my weight down and achieve a better level of fitness but at 61yrs enjoying riding again.

hi i live in the bucks of england. i'm fourteen. live in the village of haddenham. have a nice, old Raleigh Stratos touring bike but without any touring equipment (panniers etc). I do leisure rides mostly, around 10 miles or so but want to do more (schools in the way!!). I also been playing the drums since I was about 3. Like jazz.

Hi,

I'm in Glasgow (Scotland). I ride a second hand hard frame MTB with a couple of upgrades. Mostly do NCN traffic free routes but did some more hardcore MTBing in the past.

Currently working as a Civil Servant but in my spare time I have been organising a sponsored cycle to aid the tsunami victims.

I live in London during the week and Bournemouth at weekends and holidays.
Cycling to work and back was always an exciting part of the day in London commuter traffic but I much prefer riding down south, taking that chain link ferry over to Studland and playing in the hills all day.
Not cycling or running at the moment as I am recovering from cancer - it's the only thing that I have in common with LA ! ! !
I've got a couple of bikes, a GT ZR2000 with full Ultegra bits which I really like and a TT bike that I built up myself to stop me getting cabin fever when I snapped my achilles in 2003, BP Stealth Carbon Monocoque frame, full Ultegra, HED disc rear, Head H3 front - it looks the dog's danglies.
Just bought my girlfriend a Bianchi Mega Pro SL Carbon which should arrive sometime next week . . . she'll be helping with my rehabilitation in the Summer - BRING IT ON ! ! !

I'm 24, from Wirral, Merseyside. Leakage Surveyor for a Water Utility Company.

Ride a hardtail MTB, mostly country lanes and off road cycletracks, occasional urban riding when needs be.

I'm also a volunteer ranger on the NCN and, with other rangers, look after 24 miles of route 56 from its entry to Wirral at Seacombe, right down to where it leaves Wirral at the Cheshire boundary in Neston.

Dave

I'm Nick

I live in West Yorkshire near Leeds and I ride all over the place, I prefer going down rather than pumping up.

I often am hindered in the speed departments as I am accompanied by a ten year old and six year old.

We have the peaks North York more and the Lincolnshire Wolds all on the doorstep so I am quite blessed.

Attempting at the moment to get work to sign up to Boost and then I’ll by a road bike for commuting into work every day, and I will become a slim handsome 41 year old athlete!!!!

Would like to meet a cyclist who can peddle faster than my ten year old for grown up fun!!!!