Where Do You Put Your Smartphone When You Ride?

I put it in my pocket too, I think it's always important to carry my phone because we never know what can happen.

I usually put my phone into my small backpack. It's the best solution for me. It's kind of inconvenient when the phone is in my pocket as riding requires a constant footwork.
It's perfectly safe to keep the smartphone in your pocket. There are many rumors of the 'radiation' from the cell phone affecting your cells. Many researchers have proved that this is wrong and there is no scientific evidence that this is real. So, it's completely safe to keep a smartphones in pockets.

Reactions: AryaSnark
I try not to bring it with me. I find that it just ends being a distraction. When I am cycling I don't want anything else to take away my attention.

My phone is a smaller model and it fits nicely in my pocket. While cycling however, I try to put it in a safer location, like in a bag clipped to the top tube or down tube, where I also stash my water bottle. This is sometimes an issue however, because I'm used to having my phone in my pocket most of the time, so if it's not there, I panic first and remember later. What is it about a cell phone that makes us freak out if we don't know where it is every moment of every day? We used to live without them just fine and the world didn't end without them.

I got a little arm strappy thing for free when I bought my bike recently, along with a couple of other things. They were all secondhand so the guy just threw em in as he already had replacements, awesome deal :)!

Currently I do not own a smart phone but I had one. I really never took my smart phone when riding. It is too distracting and it kills all the fun. I have that old Nokia phone, C1 or something like that. I really think that people who take their smart phones to their ride are just in a great need to take few shots of something or seflies and share that immediately. If I had to take it with me I would put it in that triangular bag I have on the rim of my bike. I couldn't care less for those overpriced things.

I still have my last 'casual' cellphone from pre-samrtphone era, and it's a sturdy Nokia, which I keep precisely for occasions like cycling. When I want to go on my (or running, go on a mountain trip), I put the SIM card to my old phone, it's smaller and fits better in a pocket, and it's much more durable (and worth less:D) so I don't need to fear it will be borken or damaged if I hit the ground for some reason.

Usually on a pocket very close to my stomach. Otherwise, I just don't bring it with me, and use my Ipod for music. If I'm not carrying it, I just leave it in my backpack or purse, but in case I ride with it, any pocket will be good, I just try to keep it dry, because I don't want my cell phone to die completely soaked. Most of the times I'm cycling, it starts to rain hahaha.

I try as much as possible not to bring my phone to racing but if I must, I keep it with my friends that are there to watch me race. It's a lot safer being with them until the race is done and I can just as easily get the phone back instead of insisting on taking the phone with me on the bike.

Accidents or fall do happen in the course of the race and there is no guarantee that the phone wouldn't get damaged depending on how I took the fall. So therefore, I think prevention is way better than cure.

I always put my smartphone in a sweatproof armband. Like this one. I have apps as well to monitor my health.
I used to have this rather than putting my smartphone in a backpack for you know, this is more convenient.

05348189-169c-473e-bfc7-8e5c79b461b1_1.39b90ad159ac48a69bd3318d0e92fc1c.jpeg

I usually put my phone in my shirt pocket. It's very convenient. I can take it out anytime. It also prevents me from looking at my phone while riding. It's not a good idea to check your phone while riding your bike outside.

I put it in a Velcro waterproof pouch that hangs on my neck along with a smaller pouch where I put my cash, emergency medication and id's in.

I usually bike early mornings when I'm not really expecting any messages so I usually leave it at home to prevent anything from happening to it. It also helps me focus on the road.

I don't bring the smartphone wit me. The pocket of my sport shorts are too narrow. But if I were to bring the phone with me, I would wear it as a collar and put it inside my shirt. Don't want to catch the attention of anyone.

I don't enjoy riding with headphones on while on a ride. The reason is simply because of the busy roads where I ride my bike for it is always very filled up with cars and trucks that we should be careful of when we ride.

I prefer to just put it in my belt bag just to make sure that it is safe. I always bring a belt bag whenever I am going to ride, it contains some first aid kit and tube patch just in case my tire got flat.

Under the seat in my truck. I hate when we are riding and someone says, "oh, I have to stop to take this call!"

Bye Bye! :D

Exactly! :D I have been riding for 23 years, always 40-60 on weekends, 35 centuries, anywhere from 3,000-7,000 miles per year and have never once needed a phone to get back home.