Where do you ride for leisure?

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by Corzhens, May 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Plain and simple, it is our village where I usually ride for leisure. This is a fairly big village with some 5,000 lots which has around less than 2,000 houses. The likeable feature of our village aside from the proliferation of fruit trees and vegetation is the presence of farm animals like cattle, goats, loose chicken and ducks. Sometimes I take my camera to take photos of the animals. And when I ride, I imagine that I am in the province where there is no traffic and no hustle and bustle of progress.

Do you have a similar place to ride for leisure? I'm sure you cannot take a leisure ride in urban areas for the vehicles will definitely grab your serenity.

Tags:

2. Destiny3614

Destiny3614 Member

I just like to ride around by my house and enjoy the scenery and nature. It's just so beautiful in the fall, breathtaking actually.

3. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

For leisure, I like to ride in the rural areas of my country. Away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy towns. It is a relaxing feeling to smell nature and have the wind beat against your body while you cycle. It is unfortunate that I do not get this opportunity often though.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

There is this little trail about a mile away from out house that is my go to spot when it comes to riding for leisure. It is a pleasant area and it is a very easy ride and it seems like everything is downhill, although I know that is not possible. There are some days when I want nothing rigorous and this is the perfect spot for that. I am pretty lucky now that I think about to have found the spot, and I hope that others have their spots as well.

5. cycle93

cycle93 Member

I really like to ride around the meadows and small rivers of our part of the county. We have 3 or 4 villages really close to each other with small forests and nice paths around and I like to take trips in the nature.

6. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

I only enjoyed leisure rides everytime I visit the country side nearby. I like to ride into the wilderness and ride across a lush gallery of bright green and brown. Afterwards I ride upwards to the hills and enjoy a pleasant view of the town. The soothing sound of the wind without the pollution of cars and other uprars flowing through the trees whilst these move in a sinuous way is just simply invigorating and peaceful.

7. Pixie_Dust

Pixie_Dust New Member

Living in a big city it's hard to find a picturesque and village like scenery. So, the only option here is going to the parks. We have one on the outskirts and it's pretty big and not much people there. There're some nice lanes along the lake and small forest. It's the most you can get really.

8. glreese

glreese New Member

I like riding on various nature trails. I live in a nice place in Pennsylvania that has many different nature trail options. Sometimes, I like simply riding through the woods.

9. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the nicer areas in South Africa. It's a leafy suburb just 25km from Johannesburg which puts me away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to the financial hub so that I don't lose out on valuable business opportunities.

My suburb is a decent middle-class area with nicely paved roads, and enough parks, lakes and other amenities which is nice and peaceful during the week. Things do get hectic during weekends and holidays when everyone's out shopping. Nevertheless, it's enjoyable to ride around these parts and I wouldn't trade it for the world.