where do you ride

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by nevermindme, Mar 19, 2006.

1. nevermindme

nevermindme New Member

What's your favourite place to ride, and for what reasons? For me its majura pines ACT (australia because of the flowy switchbacks coupled with technical descents, hard climbs and even a few dh fireroad trails. It's just beautiful. So yeah tell me where you like to ride in the whole world

Tags:

2. IdahoohadI

IdahoohadI New Member

We have a local trail called The Mickinic Trail. Which is a 2,500 vertical climb in 3 1/2 miles. I have not met one person who could ride the whole thing up. It's a bike/hike sort of deal. It's my fav cuz it's a challenge. I try and beat my time of 1hr 12min. every time. So far that's my best.

Coming down is 25 mins. of the best, most tech., switch back, rocky, rooted single track you could ever ask for.

Unfortunatley right now it has about 4' of snow on it

It should be clear in another few weeks.

Austarlia WOW I wish I could check that out. I'd ride that big ass "Ayers Rock." LOL :D

3. Wherebob

Wherebob New Member

I love ride through the forests with trails. I don't like to ride over nature (without trails) out of respect, so I stick to trails. My favorite just because its a local trail (Nebraska USA) is Wilderness park.

4. far_too_lazy

far_too_lazy New Member

I do all of my riding in central Spain. There is so much to see and so many trails. When not working I spend my time finding new trails and almost always never see other riders.
    Anything from technical single track to oh so fast caminos. And the best part is it hardly rains so I can do it every weekend. Love it...

5. HowardSteele

HowardSteele New Member

Hi I’m working on a site that has a brief description and some pics of the rides we do here Cape Town, MTB trails that is .It still needs a bit of tweaking and some pics never loaded but have a look and tell me what you think.

http://myweb.absa.co.za/jaapster this is the site and the pics are under my name Howard.

6. abegold

abegold New Member

Living in Tucson,AZ my favorite trails here are the Arizona Trail on top of Reddington Pass, Fantasy Island, 50 Year Trail, 24 Hour Race Course side loops.
    Some of my favorite trails:McKenzie River Trail, Oregon
    Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek Mesa, southern Utah
    Monarch Crest Trail and Sand Canyon, Colorado
    Noble Canyon and Downieville Downhill, California
    Rainbow Rim-North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Amazing views
    Sedona and Flagstaff have some great ones, here in Arizona