Where do your bikes live?

misterchris

Jun 20, 2003
I'm wondering just what level of pampering people's bikes get. Garage, in the house, out against the tree in the rain and snow? I'm in CA with little storage space and lots of sun, but we do still get rain and cold here. Planning for the winter, made two (used) bike purchases this year.

Originally posted by misterchris
I'm wondering just what level of pampering people's bikes get. Garage, in the house, out against the tree in the rain and snow? I'm in CA with little storage space and lots of sun, but we do still get rain and cold here. Planning for the winter, made two (used) bike purchases this year.

In the livingroom for the warm months, otherwise in the garage.

My wife and I park our road bikes in our bedroom. Next to them there is a bookshelf with all the repair tools, lubricants, etc.

Originally posted by alonblue
My wife and I park our road bikes in our bedroom. Next to them there is a bookshelf with all the repair tools, lubricants, etc.

Mine's in the study.

But my wife and I keep all of our tools & lubricants next to the bed too....

Oh, Hang on... you meant BICYCLE tools & lubricants !

D'oh ! :D

Living Room most of the time, in the furnace room for the winter or for maintenance :)

I have mine on my patio (I am in an apt.) Is it a good idea to not leave them in the cold during winter months? It is covered but would be cold, I am in Chicago.

My Girlfriend rekons that I should just get it over and done with and sleep WITH it! Otherwise, it stays in the second bedroom, as we don't have a garage (No not ON the bed!).

In the spare bedroom....Don't know what happens there in the night, hear lots of voices such as "come ride me".

Then again, it could be in my head.....No it's not....Yes it is....:p

In a specially constructed "bike barn" underneath the sunroom with heat, a bench, a bike stand and tunes. Great place to hang my wet gear after a ride in the rain too, and the dash to the sliding glass door au naturel brings me close to nature :D

They used to live in the kitchen until I got married... now they've been relegated to the cold, dark garage... took the bikes months to get over that :)

Inside, in the room where all my exercise stuff lives. Mind you, it's slightly awkward carrying it up and down the stairs all the time, but at least it keeps the neighbours entertained. ;)

I keep my bike in the basement where there's a special room for my bikes. In that room I also have all my tools AND I have my own bike wash corner... Really sweet

road and tt bikes in the dining room, mountain bikes in the garage

All of my bikes live in my house. Temperatures and humidity get too high here. Climate control is the only way to store a bike.
Besides, how many times a year do you want to replace dry-rotted tires? (The wife has gotten used to the bikes everywhere)

Garage during the spring, summer and into the fall. I move them into the basement for the winter. One gets mounted on the indoor trainer, the other justs sits staring out the window waiting for the snow and ice to disappear.

Originally posted by Schwinn
I have mine on my patio (I am in an apt.) Is it a good idea to not leave them in the cold during winter months? It is covered but would be cold, I am in Chicago.

I keep my bike (Cannondale R4000, full D/A) in the garage, hanging from the ceiling. I ride every day, but my bike is a little dizzy the first few miles from hanging upside down all night long.

Hey Schwinn, where do you ride to escape the traffic? I'm just south of you a few towns.