Where does a lot of ebay stuff come from?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cdaleguy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

Being a natural skeptic, I can't help but think that A LOT of the ebay stuff(cycling stuff, of course) is STOLEN. Anybody know otherwise?

I say this because my bike that i picked out in NYC (i traveled from NM), had fitted to me, etc....was supposed to be delivered LAST Friday, but still hasn't shown.:mad: ....worst of all, it has disappeared out of UPS tracking, with the last scan being in NJ. NICE!

Tags:

2. Jeffonyourleft

Jeffonyourleft New Member

Hard to say. I don't think a lot of it is stolen though. I have bought and sold a lot on Ebay, and I haven't stolen anything. I have purchase most of my components for my second bike (campy record) directly from users on Ebay, and have been pleased. You have to check their feedback too.

Sorry to hear about the bike not making to your place yet, but ups is usually pretty good about tracking it.

3. rule62

rule62 New Member

Depending upon who you believe, 50-75% of all the autographed memorabilia offered on eBay is fake. The rest of the items...more legit than not but it is pretty easy to find stuff that is not.

4. lohsnest

lohsnest New Member

Have no fear....

Stuff disappears from the UPS site for long periods especially when it's en route... I had an experience too... I bought a bike from Wm. Lewis in Texas and had the frame shipped to Los Angeles, California. Of course, I tracked it via the internet. It was shipped via ground and just tracking it was hectic... As I discovered, on cross-country trips, the driver doesn't even bother to scan it. He'll keep on driving until he gets to a major hub and then it will get a scan. I don't know how long it takes but even for me, it took a good 6 days to get to me.

Hope it arrives to you soon.

5. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Who would waste their time stealing nickel and dime cycle stuff ?

6. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

You'd be surprised. I work in real estate and (when people get kicked out...MY FAVORITE PART OF THE JOB) they steal light bulbs, outlet covers, knobs to drawers/cabinets. People SUCK.

7. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

I bet they sell it on ebay too!...LOL.. Get a job outside of the tenements.Life will be better.

8. capwater

capwater New Member

A lot of the clothing showing up on eBay recently is used pro team gear from the 04 season. Not every rider travels in a private helicopter with Sheryl Crow like Lance. These DIII guys need to eBay to supplement their off season paychecks from the Gap or Outback Steakhouse. Good deals on top quality stuff.

9. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam New Member

Yeah- I just won an auction for 16 switchplates in matching bisque color. One of them had some paint on it, but the rest are MINT;)

10. li0scc0

li0scc0 New Member

You consider a $3000 Bianchi to be "nickel and dime"?

11. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

It's amazing to see how other people interpret things. That comment had nothing to do with the Bianchi.

12. 10timesbetter

10timesbetter New Member

it's possible some of it is, well i could almost guaruntee that atleast some of it is, but then there's people like me, who just buy way too much stuff, and then when i realize i'm out of money, i put anything i can think of on ebay,