Where does everyone live?

Simon Cooper wrote:
> http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

> I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
> have a suitable image to hand?

Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.

Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
website will suffice to answer the question.

Ben

[email protected] wrote:
> Simon Cooper wrote:
>> http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

>> I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he
>> doesn't have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.

Or you could ask him.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

[email protected] wrote:

> Simon Cooper wrote:
>
>>http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

>>I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
>>have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

Post of the month.

Mark

[email protected] wrote:

> Simon Cooper wrote:
>
>>http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

>>I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
>>have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

Post of the month.

Mark

On 12 Dec 2005 16:06:48 -0800, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Simon Cooper wrote:
>> http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

>> I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
>> have a suitable image to hand?

>Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
>to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
>say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
>through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
>on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
>I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
>grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
>of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
>still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
>spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
>Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
>breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
>Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
>website will suffice to answer the question.
>
>Ben

POM!

Ron

RonSonic wrote:

>>Simon Cooper wrote:

>>Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
>>to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
>>say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
>>through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
>>on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
>>I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
>>grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
>>of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
>>still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
>>spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
>>Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
>>breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.

> POM!

Beat me to it! Second! Maybe POY...

In article <[email protected]>,
<"[email protected]"> wrote:

> Simon Cooper wrote:
> > http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

> > I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
> > have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

LOL!!!!!

In article <[email protected]>,
<"[email protected]"> wrote:

> Simon Cooper wrote:
> > http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

> > I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
> > have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

LOL!!!!!

[email protected] wrote:
> Simon Cooper wrote:
> > http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

> > I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
> > have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

This is a blatant attempt to sand bag the post of the year prize.
Please rest assured that the judges will be looking at all of the
submissions throughout the year.

Cam

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

> > ... Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> > spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> > Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> > breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.

> Or you could ask him.

"Spook story" was a nod to this quote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/quotes
scroll down about 2/3 or search for "spook story"

And I really have seen Jobst, or at least an avatar thereof,
on Alpine Road (the flat part down by the creek). He's hard
to miss - he always wears a natty cycling cap, and as I said in
some other thread, is about eight feet tall and rides a seven
foot yellow bike.

[email protected] wrote:
> Simon Cooper wrote:
> > http://www.frappr.com/recbicyclestech

> > I notice Jobst hasn't posted a picture up there as yet. Maybe he doesn't
> > have a suitable image to hand?

> Jobst's location is known to all, and yet a mystery. Some claim
> to have seen him on Mt. Hamilton Rd in the blinding sun, and some
> say he emerged from a fog on Skyline. Yet others saw him riding
> through a blizzard cresting the Passo di Gavia. I once saw him
> on Alpine Road, but perhaps it was a trick of the light, dappled as
> I descended in and out of the shade of the trees. On group rides,
> grizzled veterans tell stories of how Jobst rode to the summit
> of Mount Diablo before there was a road, so long ago that he was
> still using tubular tires. Some say there is no Jobst, that it is a
> spook story old men make up to frighten children and metallurgists.
> Others say that Jobst is an immanence, that every time a rider
> breaks a freewheel axle, Jobst is there.
>
> Who am I to judge? Yet I do not think even a Google-derived
> website will suffice to answer the question.
>
> Ben

In other words, who is Kaizer Soze? I wanna see his lawyer (lips)! :)

This is the one we did with rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
It shows your pic and place...I'm in there somewhere.
http://www.frappr.com/roff

It would be nice to place a face behind some of the rec.bicycles.tech
cyclist
-tom