Where have all the Armstrong chamois sniffers disappear to?

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Back in the old days you couldn't move in this place for chamois sniffers.

I'm thinking of the likes of Blue Train, Serafino, No Positives, Musette, Saluki, rejobako,....................

Originally Posted by thebluetrain .

Cant speak for anyone else but I am still here.

Any word on the rest of your little cabal?
Still praying at the Church of the Uniball?

David Millar just tested positive for being dumb enough to leave his EPO and needles laying around in his appartment. He probably felt that enough of his buddies from Cofidis would have blabbed and he didn't want to get in more trouble than he was in already. He was a cheat - just not completely dumb.

Oddball topic Lim. What prompted it? Getting ready for a bit of one handed manlove over Kimmage's book or has years of Armstrong hatred started to addle your brain thus rendering you only capable of posts like this?

Strange how you never apply such labels against fans of other cyclists that have been caught doping or implicated in doping - idols like Merckx, Anquetil, Kelly and the original "Mr Litigation, I didn't take EPO" Stephen Roche, although, for the record, Italian courts found that under the advice of Conconi (who taught Michelle Ferrari) there was enough evidence to "prove" that he did.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

David Millar just tested positive for being dumb enough to leave his EPO and needles laying around in his appartment. He probably felt that enough of his buddies from Cofidis would have blabbed and he didn't want to get in more trouble than he was in already. He was a cheat - just not completely dumb.

Oddball topic Lim. What prompted it? Getting ready for a bit of one handed manlove over Kimmage's book or has years of Armstrong hatred started to addle your brain thus rendering you only capable of posts like this?

Strange how you never apply such labels against fans of other cyclists that have been caught doping or implicated in doping - idols like Merckx, Anquetil, Kelly and the original "Mr Litigation, I didn't take EPO" Stephen Roche, although, for the record, Italian courts found that under the advice of Conconi (who taught Michelle Ferrari) there was enough evidence to "prove" that he did.
Millar never failed a dope test.

Long before you were ever here, you couldn't move in this place for LA chamois sniffers. The majority of whom were American I might add.
There were others here who knew about the game and who raised the doping issue at the time.

The sniffers countered that those who questioned were haters/anti American/Chris Carmichael haters/European cycling snobs/pro cancer malcontents.
We had pages of explanations offered by the faithful on here to justify their heroes performances,
"he trains harder than anyones else in history"/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
"he lost a lot of weight"/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
"he raises money for cancer so you can't say anything about him"/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
"he's one in a billion"/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
"L'Equipe/**** Pound/Karen O'Reilly/Frankie Andreu......are all in cahoots"/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Regarding your point about other champions, I would suggest that if anyone tried to defend a rider who's performances and improvement were highly questionable that they too would get short
shrift, me old Lancashire mate.

If and when the mother country produce a GT winner or a journalist who uncovers a doping scandal, that will be your turn to be tested.

In the meantime.

Hey, I come from the county where doping in cycling probably began. Good ol' Choppy Warburton! A Lancashire lad that was an athelete, coach and probably the first to administer drugs to a cyclist and have them die during competition....Strychnine, not too good for the ol' body apparently ;)

But back to the comment of saddle sniffers - so the legions of folks who idolised Kelly for being the hard b#stard that he was, were saddle sniffers too? I remember him being mentioned with God like reverence whenever he was spoken about in England and he was spoken about a lot - much like Lance is to alot of cyclists in the US. An ace guy who could be counted on to give it his all but unlike Millar who was dumb enough to leave his needles and stash of goodies out in the appartment, Kelly was even dumber and use his mechanics ****... and mechanic who was up 18 hours a day taking speed. Doh! Playing "hide the sample" with someone elses pee - worse than saddle sniffing.

I have no problem with Lance being nailed to the cross and being made to pay for his sins - if it turns out that he was guilty. I expect they'll get him for something but like most of Novitsky's other cases it won't be directly for drug use.

My only problem with this "investigation" is that it's costing way too much for a return that'll be very little - even if he Lance goes down. With the money spent on something that really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things you could have funded the entire education budget for a big City for a year. Know what I mean, jelly bean?

As a general rule, I tend to ignore comments from folks who were used to the good times and now that everything is shot to hell and they have nothing decide to come out and make "statements", especially like Tyler and Floyd. Very convenient for Tyler that it mystically just happened that the Tour of California was on AND that he's gonna have a book out soon... and that he's got no contract and a relies on a bit of a part time training job for his $'s. Same with the massage bint, who the last I heard was working in merry ol' Manchester. Was once on great money and now isn't. Funny how none of those people said anything while their pockets were being lined with the almighty dollar. Now, if they'd had quit USPS and said something then I'd give it more credence.

Personally, I have my doubts about a fair few of the GB track squad which may/may not be linked to the UCI "guilty as sin" table leaked last week and a fair number of the Team Sky (Brailsford does, or at least did, both Team Sky and the track squad for those who aint aware) who ranked very poorly. Wiggo too, although I don't recall his name being that high up on the list.

But, as with all the greats gone by who were mostly guilty of failing dope tests, I'll still live in awe of the savage attacks that Lance did in the mountains. Do I care that he may/may not have doped? Sure, it takes the edge off the achievements but if I ignored everyone who doped there'd be very little in the way of cycling heros that I grew up admiring left.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Hey, I come from the county where doping in cycling probably began. Good ol' Choppy Warburton! A Lancashire lad that was an athelete, coach and probably the first to administer drugs to a cyclist and have them die during competition....Strychnine, not too good for the ol' body apparently ;)

But back to the comment of saddle sniffers - so the legions of folks who idolised Kelly for being the hard b#stard that he was, were saddle sniffers too? I remember him being mentioned with God like reverence whenever he was spoken about in England and he was spoken about a lot - much like Lance is to alot of cyclists in the US. An ace guy who could be counted on to give it his all but unlike Millar who was dumb enough to leave his needles and stash of goodies out in the appartment, Kelly was even dumber and use his mechanics ****... and mechanic who was up 18 hours a day taking speed. Doh! Playing "hide the sample" with someone elses pee - worse than saddle sniffing.

I have no problem with Lance being nailed to the cross and being made to pay for his sins - if it turns out that he was guilty. I expect they'll get him for something but like most of Novitsky's other cases it won't be directly for drug use.

My only problem with this "investigation" is that it's costing way too much for a return that'll be very little - even if he Lance goes down. With the money spent on something that really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things you could have funded the entire education budget for a big City for a year. Know what I mean, jelly bean?

As a general rule, I tend to ignore comments from folks who were used to the good times and now that everything is shot to hell and they have nothing decide to come out and make "statements", especially like Tyler and Floyd. Very convenient for Tyler that it mystically just happened that the Tour of California was on AND that he's gonna have a book out soon... and that he's got no contract and a relies on a bit of a part time training job for his $'s. Same with the massage bint, who the last I heard was working in merry ol' Manchester. Was once on great money and now isn't. Funny how none of those people said anything while their pockets were being lined with the almighty dollar. Now, if they'd had quit USPS and said something then I'd give it more credence.

Personally, I have my doubts about a fair few of the GB track squad which may/may not be linked to the UCI "guilty as sin" table leaked last week and a fair number of the Team Sky (Brailsford does, or at least did, both Team Sky and the track squad for those who aint aware) who ranked very poorly. Wiggo too, although I don't recall his name being that high up on the list.

But, as with all the greats gone by who were mostly guilty of failing dope tests, I'll still live in awe of the savage attacks that Lance did in the mountains. Do I care that he may/may not have doped? Sure, it takes the edge off the achievements but if I ignored everyone who doped there'd be very little in the way of cycling heros that I grew up admiring left.
I blame all those tossers who, having been given a half day off work in t'mill on saturday, decided that they wanted to get paid for their loss of their half days wages if they'd stayed in t'mill.
Filthy lucre.