Where / How to get pads for Bell Fusion Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Campbell

I just tried looking around with Google for some place to get a set of pads for an older helmet -
about 4 - 5 years old. I remember buying it after I got my Red / Blue Simonetti bike in mid-1999,
because the helmet almost exactly matched the paint colors.

The front pad is supposed to stay in place using a pair of adhesive circles. One has completely
dried out, allowing the pad to gradually rotate when the helmet is not being worn. These are the
"replacement" pads that most helmets seem to come with. I'm also on the second set of pads on a Bell
Vengeance helmet, and I just got a new Bell Ghisallo, so I'm on the first set of pads there. Hmm, I
may be in a rut....

I tried looking at Bell Helmets Web site to see if I could get more pads, but had no luck. Their
consumer telephone line is not "live" on the weekend. Do the helmet makers stock pads for their past
models? Thanks, Colin Campbell

"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just tried looking around with Google for some place to get a set of pads for an older helmet -
> about 4 - 5 years old. I remember buying it after I got my Red / Blue Simonetti bike in mid-1999,
> because the helmet almost exactly matched the paint colors.
>
> The front pad is supposed to stay in place using a pair of adhesive circles. One has completely
> dried out, allowing the pad to gradually rotate when the helmet is not being worn. These are the
> "replacement" pads that most helmets seem to come with. I'm also on the second set of pads on a
> Bell Vengeance helmet, and I just got a new Bell Ghisallo, so I'm on the first set of pads there.
> Hmm, I may be in a rut....
>
> I tried looking at Bell Helmets Web site to see if I could get more pads, but had no luck. Their
> consumer telephone line is not "live" on the weekend. Do the helmet makers stock pads for their
> past models? Thanks, Colin Campbell
>

I used a contact e-mail address from the Bell site last year to inquire about pads for my Bell Biker
and V1-Pro helmets. They mailed them to me free of charge.

See if a maxi-pad fits. They're far superior to bicycle helmet pads if the clearance is right.

I've used them for 15 years now on a 1975 Bell Helmet.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Frank Knox wrote:

>"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:uLOdnZ9S1IOkkI7dRVn-
>[email protected]...
>
>
>>I just tried looking around with Google for some place to get a set of pads for an older helmet -
>>about 4 - 5 years old. I remember buying it after I got my Red / Blue Simonetti bike in mid-1999,
>>because the helmet almost exactly matched the paint colors.
>>
>>The front pad is supposed to stay in place using a pair of adhesive circles. One has completely
>>dried out, allowing the pad to gradually rotate when the helmet is not being worn. These are the
>>"replacement" pads that most helmets seem to come with. I'm also on the second set of pads on a
>>Bell Vengeance helmet, and I just got a new Bell Ghisallo, so I'm on the first set of pads there.
>>Hmm, I may be in a rut....
>>
>>I tried looking at Bell Helmets Web site to see if I could get more pads, but had no luck. Their
>>consumer telephone line is not "live" on the weekend. Do the helmet makers stock pads for their
>>past models? Thanks, Colin Campbell
>>
>>
>>
>
>I used a contact e-mail address from the Bell site last year to inquire about pads for my Bell
>Biker and V1-Pro helmets. They mailed them to me free of charge.
>
>
>
Frank, Do you still have that e-mail address? I'd like to give that a try. Thanks, Colin

P.S.: You have to make a small correction to my "reply-to" address if you want to e-mail me.

> Frank, Do you still have that e-mail address? I'd like to give that a try. Thanks, Colin
>
> P.S.: You have to make a small correction to my "reply-to" address if you want to e-mail me.
>

I'm not Frank, but I too emailed Bell inquiring about purchasing helmet pads and they sent me a very
complete set for free. They even payed the shipping costs. Now that's real customer service.

The address I used was: [email protected]

Ride on with Bell on, Don

Don DeMair wrote:

>"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:aeGdnax_QdWb_o7dRVn-
>[email protected]...
>
>
>>Frank, Do you still have that e-mail address? I'd like to give that a try. Thanks, Colin
>>
>>P.S.: You have to make a small correction to my "reply-to" address if you want to e-mail me.
>>
>>
>>
>
>I'm not Frank, but I too emailed Bell inquiring about purchasing helmet pads and they sent me a
>very complete set for free. They even payed the shipping costs. Now that's real customer service.
>
>The address I used was: [email protected]
>
>Ride on with Bell on, Don
>
>
>
Don, That address worked like a charm. I had an answer in minutes, with an offer to mail me pads for
the two older helmets. So, I'll continue to have an extra for riding, and a chance to give one in
good shape to someone who needs it. Colin

> Don DeMair wrote:
>
> >"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:aeGdnax_QdWb_o7dRVn-
> >[email protected]...
> >
> >
> >>Frank, Do you still have that e-mail address? I'd like to give that a try. Thanks, Colin
> >>
> >>P.S.: You have to make a small correction to my "reply-to" address if you want to e-mail me.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >I'm not Frank, but I too emailed Bell inquiring about purchasing helmet
pads
> >and they sent me a very complete set for free. They even payed the
shipping
> >costs. Now that's real customer service.
> >
> >The address I used was: [email protected]
> >
> >Ride on with Bell on, Don
> >
> >
> >
> Don, That address worked like a charm. I had an answer in minutes, with an offer to mail me pads
> for the two older helmets. So, I'll continue to have an extra for riding, and a chance to give one
> in good shape to someone who needs it. Colin
>
I'm glad you are getting what you need. They do take good care of us in return for the prices we pay
for their bits of foam and plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.