Where I can buy IRESSA (ZD1839)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Daniel, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Any information on where IRESSA can be purchased, in US, Canada or Europe?

    Thanks, Daniel

    Tags:

  2. J

    J Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Any information on where IRESSA can be purchased, in US, Canada or Europe?
    >
    > Thanks, Daniel

    Daniel, I ran a simple Google search and it seems to be available (almost) all over the world. So
    what seems to be the problem? Or why are you asking here and not a cancer centre? Who is it for?
    What type of cancer? Where is the person? etc etc. Let us know, I may have some resources for you. J

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi, I understand it needs prescription in the US, or I am wrong? My relative asked me to look for
    it. He lives in China, either it is not available there or hard to find there. In his case, it is
    for lung cancer. I don't know anything about medicine or whether IRESSA is useful or not. He asks
    for it so I try to get some for him.

    Thanks, Daniel

    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    > > Any information on where IRESSA can be purchased, in US, Canada or Europe?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Daniel
    >
    > Daniel, I ran a simple Google search and it seems to be available (almost) all over the world.
    > So what seems to be the problem? Or why are you asking here and not a cancer centre? Who is it
    > for? What type of cancer? Where is the person? etc etc. Let us know, I may have some resources
    > for you. J

  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    "Daniel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi, I understand it needs prescription in the US, or I am wrong?

    This might help you: http://www.astrazeneca.com/productbrowse/5_84.aspx

    With the price of medicine in the US, you may want to check out other countries. I worked with the
    AFS exchange program and we had several visiting educators from China in the years I volunteered. I
    have heard similar stories of lack of medicines. I hope you are able to find what you need to help
    your relative, but please do some research. Medicines of this nature can do more harm than good if
    they are used incorrectly.
    --
    Take Care, Sharon Lane
    http://www.rare-cancer.org

  5. J

    J Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Hi, I understand it needs prescription in the US, or I am wrong? My relative asked me to look for
    > it. He lives in China, either it is not available there or hard to find there. In his case, it is
    > for lung cancer. I don't know anything about medicine or whether IRESSA is useful or not. He asks
    > for it so I try to get some for him.
    >
    > Thanks, Daniel

    Hope you found it off Sharon's post http://www.astrazeneca.cn/ is the China web page. I have no idea
    what it says there. (I hope you read Chinese and can ascertain where it can be obtained in China). J