Where is Fabrizio?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Alfred Ryder, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. Alfred Ryder

    Alfred Ryder Guest

    This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
    my idol and I miss his wisdom.

    Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted out
    and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that Fabrizio
    would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.

    Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

    Tags:

  2. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
    > is
    > my idol and I miss his wisdom.
    >
    > Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
    > out
    > and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
    > Fabrizio
    > would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
    >
    > Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

    I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
    last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
    said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

  3. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
    >>

    > I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    > peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
    > last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He
    > is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven
    > legs.

    He's even got friction shifting.

  4. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Mike Kruger wrote:
    > "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
    >>>

    >> I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    >> peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and
    >> was last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross
    >> country. He is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA
    >> shorts, and unshaven legs.

    > He's even got friction shifting.

    Platform pedals.

  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Gooserider wrote:
    > "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    > > This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
    > > is
    > > my idol and I miss his wisdom.
    > >
    > > Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
    > > out
    > > and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
    > > Fabrizio
    > > would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
    > >
    > > Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
    > >

    > I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    > peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
    > last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
    > said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

    No way! The Fab One is actually concentrating on trying to steal Dario
    Frigo's wife because he's tired of smuggling his own performance
    enhancing drugs.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

    A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
    your arrest.
    A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
    A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
    "We're in trouble".

  6. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > Mike Kruger wrote:
    >
    >>"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>>I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    >>>peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and
    >>>was last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross
    >>>country. He is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA
    >>>shorts, and unshaven legs.

    >>He's even got friction shifting.

    > Platform pedals.

    And steel wheels.

    Ken
    --
    [T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
    calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  7. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

    Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bill Sornson wrote:
    >> Mike Kruger wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>He's even got friction shifting.

    >> Platform pedals.
    >>

    >And steel wheels.

    I loved their song, "Stuck in the Middle with You."

    Ah, yes. Good times....
    --
    Live simply so that others may simply live

  8. "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
    > is
    > my idol and I miss his wisdom.

    Last time I saw him, he was on a Huffy comfort bike heading down to
    Starbucks for a caramel latte with whipped cream.

  9. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
    > your arrest.
    > A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
    > A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
    > "We're in trouble".

    I've always heard that one as:

    Friends help you move.
    *Real* friends help you move bodies.

    --
    Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
    You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.

  10. Gooserider wrote:

    > I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
    > peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
    > last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
    > said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

    The "call of Fred-dom" is a powerful one!

    Even "The Fab" ultimately was unable to resist its allure.

    However some habits die hard. I'll bet he puts some pretty
    interesting "enhancements" into his bowl of Ramen noodles
    at the end of the days ride!

    SMH

  11. Alfred Ryder wrote:
    > This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
    > my idol and I miss his wisdom.
    >
    > Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted out
    > and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that Fabrizio
    > would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
    >
    > Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

    >From 2002:

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=source&hl=en

  12. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    Brian Huntley wrote:
    > Alfred Ryder wrote:
    >
    >>This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
    >>my idol and I miss his wisdom.
    >>
    >>Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted out
    >>and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that Fabrizio
    >>would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
    >>
    >>Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

    >>From 2002:

    > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=source&hl=en

    Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes!

    Ken
    --
    [T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
    calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles
    per gallon. ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  13. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Dane Buson wrote:
    > Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
    > > your arrest.
    > > A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
    > > A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
    > > "We're in trouble".

    > I've always heard that one as:
    >
    > Friends help you move.
    > *Real* friends help you move bodies.
    >
    > --
    > Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
    > You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.
    > Especially if they are dead.

    A rose by any other name... <g> Merry Christmas.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Brian Huntley wrote:
    > > Alfred Ryder wrote:
    > >
    > >>This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
    > >>my idol and I miss his wisdom.
    > >>
    > >>Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
    > >>out
    > >>and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
    > >>Fabrizio
    > >>would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
    > >>
    > >>Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

    > >>From 2002:

    > > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=
    > > source&hl=en
    > >

    > Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes!
    >
    > Ken

    I read that again, and I forgot how much I liked it. It's a wonderful
    parody.

    And you know I'm objective, because I wrote it. Thanks for the
    compliment.

    President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club.

    PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'. He hasn't gone ugly,
    just old-school:

    http://www.pbase.com/image/49121682

    Share & Enjoy,

  15. <PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'.
    <He hasn't gone ugly, just old-school:

    Hey Ryan, how you doing?

    What's the idea of that link to some old guy holding a lame steel
    framed bike?

    Anyway, I haven't posted for awhile, been a bit upset with Davide
    Bramati results in this year's Giro d'Italia and haven't really felt
    like talking about competitive cycling.

    How's the riding going for you this offseason?

  16. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'.
    > <He hasn't gone ugly, just old-school:
    >

    > Hey Ryan, how you doing?
    >
    > What's the idea of that link to some old guy holding a lame steel
    > framed bike?

    Some anorak with a boating fetish. Think no more of it.

    > Anyway, I haven't posted for awhile, been a bit upset with Davide
    > Bramati results in this year's Giro d'Italia and haven't really felt
    > like talking about competitive cycling.
    >
    > How's the riding going for you this offseason?

    Um, well, the best reason for optimism is that I was just as out of
    shape this time last year. But I added cyclocross to the mess this Fall.

    Actually, I have to admit to a bizarre 'cross project: I'm building up a
    Vitus-tubed frame as a cyclocross bike, which is cool. Cinelli OS bar,
    STI shifting, nice tires.

    But, um, the frame is Vitus 1020, an early-70s Motobecane. I figure that
    cyclocrossers fear and admire the crazy ones, and this will be the most
    fearsome, craziest 'cross bike ever.

    Still your #1 fan,