Where is Fabrizio?

Alfred Ryder

Guest
This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
my idol and I miss his wisdom.

Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted out
and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that Fabrizio
would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.

Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

"Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
> is
> my idol and I miss his wisdom.
>
> Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
> out
> and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
> Fabrizio
> would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
>
> Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
>>

> I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
> peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
> last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He
> is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven
> legs.

He's even got friction shifting.

Mike Kruger wrote:
> "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
>>>

>> I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
>> peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and
>> was last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross
>> country. He is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA
>> shorts, and unshaven legs.

> He's even got friction shifting.

Platform pedals.

Gooserider wrote:
> "Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
> > is
> > my idol and I miss his wisdom.
> >
> > Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
> > out
> > and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
> > Fabrizio
> > would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
> >
> > Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.
> >

> I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
> peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
> last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
> said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

No way! The Fab One is actually concentrating on trying to steal Dario
Frigo's wife because he's tired of smuggling his own performance
enhancing drugs.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
your arrest.
A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
"We're in trouble".

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Mike Kruger wrote:
>
>>"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>>I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
>>>peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and
>>>was last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross
>>>country. He is said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA
>>>shorts, and unshaven legs.

>>He's even got friction shifting.

> Platform pedals.

And steel wheels.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Mike Kruger wrote:
>>
>>>"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>He's even got friction shifting.

>> Platform pedals.
>>

>And steel wheels.

I loved their song, "Stuck in the Middle with You."

Ah, yes. Good times....
--
Live simply so that others may simply live

"Alfred Ryder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He
> is
> my idol and I miss his wisdom.

Last time I saw him, he was on a Huffy comfort bike heading down to
Starbucks for a caramel latte with whipped cream.

Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

> A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
> your arrest.
> A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
> A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
> "We're in trouble".

I've always heard that one as:

Friends help you move.
*Real* friends help you move bodies.

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.

Gooserider wrote:

> I heard he became disillusioned with the drug-infested world of the
> peloton, and dropped out. He sold his high end carbon race gear, and was
> last seen pedalling a canvas pannier-equipped Rivendell cross country. He is
> said to be recognizeable by his wool jersey, MUSA shorts, and unshaven legs.

The "call of Fred-dom" is a powerful one!

Even "The Fab" ultimately was unable to resist its allure.

However some habits die hard. I'll bet he puts some pretty
interesting "enhancements" into his bowl of Ramen noodles
at the end of the days ride!

SMH

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=source&hl=en

Brian Huntley wrote:
> Alfred Ryder wrote:
>
>>This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
>>my idol and I miss his wisdom.
>>
>>Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted out
>>and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that Fabrizio
>>would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
>>
>>Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

>>From 2002:

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=source&hl=en

Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes!

Ken
--

Dane Buson wrote:
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > A friend is someone that will listen sympathetically to the story of
> > your arrest.
> > A good friend is someone you can call to bail you out of jail.
> > A really good friend is someone sitting next to you in the cell saying,
> > "We're in trouble".

> I've always heard that one as:
>
> Friends help you move.
> *Real* friends help you move bodies.
>
> --
> Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
> You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.
> Especially if they are dead.

A rose by any other name... <g> Merry Christmas.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

In article <[email protected]>,
Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

> Brian Huntley wrote:
> > Alfred Ryder wrote:
> >
> >>This newsgroup is not the same without posts from Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He is
> >>my idol and I miss his wisdom.
> >>
> >>Whenever I look down on someone else out there who is not as well kitted
> >>out
> >>and who is on a bike that has more spokes than mine, I realize that
> >>Fabrizio
> >>would look down at me. And I smile and say hi to the fred.
> >>
> >>Fabrizio, come back. One or two of us miss you.

> >>From 2002:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/31a0efd4ddb56025?dmode=
> > source&hl=en
> >

> Let me wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes!
>
> Ken

I read that again, and I forgot how much I liked it. It's a wonderful
parody.

And you know I'm objective, because I wrote it. Thanks for the
compliment.

President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club.

PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'. He hasn't gone ugly,
just old-school:

http://www.pbase.com/image/49121682

Share & Enjoy,

<PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'.
<He hasn't gone ugly, just old-school:

Hey Ryan, how you doing?

What's the idea of that link to some old guy holding a lame steel
framed bike?

Anyway, I haven't posted for awhile, been a bit upset with Davide
Bramati results in this year's Giro d'Italia and haven't really felt
like talking about competitive cycling.

How's the riding going for you this offseason?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <PS: even in retirement, Fabrizio is still stylin'.
> <He hasn't gone ugly, just old-school:
>

> Hey Ryan, how you doing?
>
> What's the idea of that link to some old guy holding a lame steel
> framed bike?

Some anorak with a boating fetish. Think no more of it.

> Anyway, I haven't posted for awhile, been a bit upset with Davide
> Bramati results in this year's Giro d'Italia and haven't really felt
> like talking about competitive cycling.
>
> How's the riding going for you this offseason?

Um, well, the best reason for optimism is that I was just as out of
shape this time last year. But I added cyclocross to the mess this Fall.

Actually, I have to admit to a bizarre 'cross project: I'm building up a
Vitus-tubed frame as a cyclocross bike, which is cool. Cinelli OS bar,
STI shifting, nice tires.

But, um, the frame is Vitus 1020, an early-70s Motobecane. I figure that
cyclocrossers fear and admire the crazy ones, and this will be the most
fearsome, craziest 'cross bike ever.

Still your #1 fan,