Where is Michael Rasmussen?

He is suying Rabobank, since he still feels wrongly treated (for millions..). He hopes that this mess is solved asap so he can sign with a new team. He wants to win the Tour. He is innocent.

This in a nutshell from the Danish press...

bambi said:
He is suying Rabobank, since he still feels wrongly treated (for millions..). He hopes that this mess is solved asap so he can sign with a new team. He wants to win the Tour. He is innocent.

This in a nutshell from the Danish press...
Well that's what he said.... But... in Dutch media I read several stories that he actually announced he would sue Rabo but did not start a case yet.... He only announced it.

I don't think he is in Mexico, according to his whereabouts formular he is in Liechtenstein, training for the Tour of hope.

I've read on a forum elsewhere that he is supposed to be racing Ironman France this June 2008.

A grain of salt with that bit of news though.

cyclingheroes said:
I don't think he is in Mexico, according to his whereabouts formular he is in Liechtenstein, training for the Tour of hope.
He had better train well. It doesn't look like he has much hope at the moment.

Just saw his name mentioned, as someone connected with an Austrian blood bank that was being investigated for blood doping. Cyclingnews has the story.

JohnO said:
Just saw his name mentioned, as someone connected with an Austrian blood bank that was being investigated for blood doping. Cyclingnews has the story.
Menchov, Boogered and himself are supposedly implicated, maybe Rabobank blew the bomb as they felt threatened by Ras lawsuit to uncover the whole deal.

SCOKER said:
Menchov, Boogered and himself are supposedly implicated, maybe Rabobank blew the bomb as they felt threatened by Ras lawsuit to uncover the whole deal.
I can't see how Rabobank would want this news to come out to help them in their litigation case with Rasmussen. To have three of their most senior riders implicated in these early allegations is not good publicity at all for them.

SCOKER said:
No they didn't but maybe it was a warning from Rasmussen...

I got the feeling that Rasmussen was on his own as far as medical preparation. What are the chances that Menchov and Boogerd were using the same service?

Bro Deal said:
I got the feeling that Rasmussen was on his own as far as medical preparation. What are the chances that Menchov and Boogerd were using the same service?
That's a one million dollar question. I don't have my first million (yet? :D ).

cyclingheroes said:
That's a one million dollar question. I don't have my first million (yet? :D ).
Maybe Ras was not as much on his own as Rabobank's maagement would like people to believe.

cyclingheroes said:
He will be on Dutch TV tonight

Dutch documentary: "Timebomb Rasmussen"
http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1207.html
lol timebomb Rasmussen.

hahahaaahha

I doubt Boogerd was doing bus gas, and bovine hemaglobin. I assume Rass stuck everything in his veins on the stages and tts that mattered.

Boogy got some blood from the same proprietor as Rass, thats all. So did Mench.

thunder said:
lol timebomb Rasmussen.

hahahaaahha

I doubt Boogerd was doing bus gas, and bovine hemaglobin. I assume Rass stuck everything in his veins on the stages and tts that mattered.

Boogy got some blood from the same proprietor as Rass, thats all. So did Mench.
Read the PDF file of the UCI letter to Rasmussen and read it very carefully. There is a contradictory between the rules in the letter and the warning that follows...

The UCI letter is below the story.

cyclingheroes said:
Read the PDF file of the UCI letter to Rasmussen and read it very carefully. There is a contradictory between the rules in the letter and the warning that follows...

Heroes you mean 4 warnings. 2 more than he is allowed?

OR do you mean he was telling them he was in Mexico when he was in Italy, I don't think you meant that because we knew all that.

cyclingheroes said:

Do you mean that it is strange that a recorded warning was given for he first offence i.e. not being available between 4th - 12th June, but then when he lied again about his whereabouts by stating he would be in Mexico until the 28th but being in Italy on the 26th nothing further was done?

plectrum said:
Do you mean that it is strange that a recorded warning was given for he first offence i.e. not being available between 4th - 12th June, but then when he lied again about his whereabouts by stating he would be in Mexico until the 28th but being in Italy on the 26th nothing further was done?
it was all contradictory. I do not know why they let him pass in the first instance. Just a case of dope til ya drop son, we will give you the Tommy Simpson life insurance sponsorship which pays costs on death for the helicopter to the morgue and the burial.