Where is our best coffee and cake stop?

tramuntanacycli

Jan 11, 2015
For me its at the top of Coll de Sa Batalla in Mallorca.

Café con leche y tarta de almendra - helps that the almonds are grown locally and that the cake is made in the café.

My best coffee stop is at home! I make my own French Press coffee, it cost a lot less then going to a some cafe, it's more convenient, and it takes less time. Besides, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music, they say the ladies are insane there, and they sure know how to use it.

I prefer like Froze homemade baked cakes and a coffee at my house. I don't like rushing through my meals and definitely not through desserts.

I have problems producing a great cup of coffee I'm not good at understand the process but with ah little bit more attention to detail an watching some videos maybe I can make it happen.

I always prefer the roadside coffee shop around 2 kms away from my house. After a long ride , it is definitely the go-to place. As for cake, I don't prefer cake. I'd rather take up a nice spicy wrap.

Ugh, I wish I lived somewhere that going to coffee shops was actually financially viable. Living in Denmark I have to off around 9 USD for a piece of chocolate cake, possibly the same for the coffee, it's ridiculous.

Nowadays the only cake I get are the ones my girlfriend makes, but that's alright by me :D

I make most of my coffee at home, but I also frequent several local shops. I don't feel like revealing my hometown on this site, but there are 3 different independent shops in town that I just love. Each of them is totally unique, from the type of building, to the atmosphere. I love to support local businesses as much as I can. Hopefully one day I will work in one of them.

I do also like Starbucks, but not as much. The primary reason I do go there now and then is that I can get gift cards for it from mPoints, woot.

BrockJohn said:
Ugh, I wish I lived somewhere that going to coffee shops was actually financially viable. Living in Denmark I have to off around 9 USD for a piece of chocolate cake, possibly the same for the coffee, it's ridiculous.

Nowadays the only cake I get are the ones my girlfriend makes, but that's alright by me :D
I'll trade whatever cakes here with your girlfriend any day of the week. Her choice. :D

I usually find the best café to be in my pannier.

Cake and coffee can be had at the best viewing spot, spot in the sun (I'm in the UK, this is an important factor) or simply the best picnic bench you have come across. It can be had at with wonderful views or completely ignored in favour of an indoor shelter. It can also be had in any sheltered bus stop you want. It is cheap compared to a shop and has the advantage of being able to be taken at anytime of the day not just 9-3 or whatever weird hours that café has decided cyclists should have coffee and cake.

I will concede that the selection can be a touch more limited though! ;)

I am not allowed cake, I am supposed to be cutting down on my sugar, apparently the doctor thinks it is the "healthy and sane" thing to do..... jerk. But I have to say the best coffee and cake spot would be my house, sitting in my back garden which gets loads of sun and bees.

I've discovered the best coffee spot is always at someone's house. Lol
It's so much more relaxing and private. And I can dress comfortably and not worry about hair and make up

Setting aside the efforts to support small businesses, good ambiance, pastries and so on. If its just a good cup of coffee you can always count on at a relatively reasonable price. Starbucks pretty much has the market cornered on this.

The only thig Starbucks has me beat out on, in regards to my personal preferences, is Espresso. I need an Espresso maker and I will never go anywhere else for my caffeine fix

Best coffee I've ever had was at Cartel Coffee Lab in Scottsdale, Arizona. The espresso was Godly. Rather than the usual semi-full tilt blast of coffee and caffeine, it was a long lingering mix of flavors that morphed over a period of more than a minute from an earthy intensely dark roasted coffee to an almost nut like taste with hints of dark chocolate. The caffeine hit was delayed but as good as the espresso itself.

Since experiencing that I've sought out many an independent coffee house with hopes of getting something as good but to no avail. The big chain stores around here like Starbucks and Peet's fail miserably in comparison.

For me it's this little mom & pop cafe on the river front in Dorval,Montreal.
In the summer a Ice cream stand opens right next to it (so tasty) and the view of the st.lawerence river is beautiful.

In North Vancouver, BC, just after you get off the Seabus, there's this bakery/coffee shop with the most delicious coffee bread. When you first put it into your mouth, it tastes like normal bread, but a few seconds in it turns into this creamy, cake like deliciousness with a hint of coffee. Can't say I've had anything like it.

Oh, boy skip it. This is not very good to eat if you are a cyclist.

There is this local bakeshop in our neighborhood which serves great coffee, cakes and pastries. This is our usual go to place by my father and I, in the morning after a bike ride. The place has been established for a long time and it also has a lot of patrons, mostly coming from the neighborhood also. They only have one store and it is here in our neighborhood and I am glad they are still around after how many years. The taste and quality of their products has never changed and that may be the reason that a lot of people are still coming to the store, even though there are other shops that are competing with them throughout the years :)

Wow so many, but my favourite is in my university town in Hungary. I miss my dear little town so much it drains my heart.