Where is Phil Liggett?

tanggoman

Sep 22, 2003
I noticed that in the coverage of Tour of Calif and OLN's coverage of Cyclysm Sundays, you can only hear and see Bobke and Paul Sherwen, where is Phil? Is he still with OLN? :)

tanggoman said:
I noticed that in the coverage of Tour of Calif and OLN's coverage of Cyclysm Sundays, you can only hear and see Bobke and Paul Sherwen, where is Phil? Is he still with OLN? :)

I don't think Phil's "with" anybody. He's an independent reporter and he's more expensive than Bob and Paul and also in great demand. He probably was reporting on the early races for Euro networks and I'll bet we'll see him for the bigger races soon on OLN. Looks like they're covering the big ones even though they're not as comitted as a few years ago.

(Note to board -- Tanggoman and I are virtually neighbors but haven't met.)

Phil is working a more limited achedule for OLN this year. You will still see and hear him at the major classics and the grand tours.

Phil was commenting on the Giro del Capo in Cape Town last week and the Cape Argus Cycle Tour yesterday. The Argus is the biggest timed cycling event anywhere, with some 35 000 competitors.

I'm pretty sure he'll be commentating at the Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne next week.

In fact I'm listening to him right now, calling the kilo time trial