Where is the pain coming from?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by maizenblue, May 4, 2005.

1. maizenblue

maizenblue New Member

I am fairly new to riding and discovered that when i ride my rigth testicle gets shoved up inside me. It is especially uncomfortable when i am leaning forward with my hands on the brake handles. What could this pain/movement of my right ball be due to?

Tags:

2. robkit

robkit New Member

cant see you getting hundreds of replies on this one but for what its worth you wouldnt be the only one who had experienced this at some time.

i have heard of people being taught how to do this manually, on both sides, as part of karate training - for protection(!) - so it cant be all that dangerous.

maybe try tilting your saddle forward or changing your position so as not be leaning over as much.

3. martin_j001

martin_j001 New Member

That would be my suggestion as well. Most, if not all comfort issues while on the bike are related to position on the bike. If you handlebars are too low, or your seat is tilted nose up, or you're too stretched out--all these could lead to what you describe. Good luck!!

4. RC2

RC2 New Member

Get the composite replacements installed. ;) Or better yet, go with good ol' steel.

5. Mister Nick

Mister Nick New Member

I'm sorry, but the thought of one of my boys crawling back up makes me a little weak in the knees. I think I gagged a little too...

6. JohnO

JohnO New Member

I had the same problem. People said I was half nuts...

I would think that if the pressure was strong enough to do that, you'd be uncomfortable in general, as things would be getting squeezed a bit. Might just be a quirk of your own physiology. Try angling the seat back a bit.

It's sumo wrestling, where they do this on purpose. The ancient version of a cup. Have to start training for it at puberty, though.

7. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

Steel is nice, but if you travel a lot, you'll set off the detectors in the airports. Add in extra travel time for getting your crotch wanded.

8. TTRon

TTRon New Member

Get a new seat that gives you a little room.

I use a San Marco Aspide Triathlon Gel.

However I don't have the problem you describe! Ouch

9. RC2

RC2 New Member

Sure the metal detectors slow you down a bit, but there's nothing quite like the swell of pride you get from having your cajone's wanded.