Where is Tom Sherman - Third Query?

Edward Dolan

Guest
How is it possible for someone to be on newsgroup like forever and then
suddenly to just leave without a word. If anyone knows what has become of
Tom Sherman I for one would like to know.

Tom Sherman for as long as I have been on ARBR (over 3 years) was the
mainstay of the group. He was the presiding recumbent expert and also the
off-topic intellectual. He posted daily dozens of messages on every
conceivable topic. He is sorely being missed here as is obvious to anyone
with a brain in his head.

Ed Dolan the Great would never think of leaving a newsgroup that he has been
on for many years with taking a proper leave-taking. In fact, I have already
departed this newsgrorup (ARBR) many times with much swearing and cussing
and slamming of doors. My many final farewells are events to be remembered.
Surely, that is the only way to leave a newsgroup. Parting is such sweet
sorrow after all.

Well, if you know anything about Tom Sherman, post here or else email me the
information. He was the only worthy adversary I ever had on any newsgroup.
Now I am left to fight with midgets like Jim, Chris, Curtiss et al. As I am
a giant, I require giants to do combat with, not twiddledums and
twiddledees.

Friends aren't worth a damn but we should cherish our enemies. They will
always be there for us with their venom if nothing else.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

http://donb.furfly.net/photo_cd/i/b82.html

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How is it possible for someone to be on newsgroup like forever and then
> suddenly to just leave without a word. If anyone knows what has become of
> Tom Sherman I for one would like to know.
>
> Tom Sherman for as long as I have been on ARBR (over 3 years) was the
> mainstay of the group. He was the presiding recumbent expert and also the
> off-topic intellectual. He posted daily dozens of messages on every
> conceivable topic. He is sorely being missed here as is obvious to anyone
> with a brain in his head.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great would never think of leaving a newsgroup that he has
> been on for many years with taking a proper leave-taking. In fact, I have
> already departed this newsgrorup (ARBR) many times with much swearing and
> cussing and slamming of doors. My many final farewells are events to be
> remembered. Surely, that is the only way to leave a newsgroup. Parting is
> such sweet sorrow after all.
>
> Well, if you know anything about Tom Sherman, post here or else email me
> the information. He was the only worthy adversary I ever had on any
> newsgroup. Now I am left to fight with midgets like Jim, Chris, Curtiss et
> al. As I am a giant, I require giants to do combat with, not twiddledums
> and twiddledees.
>
> Friends aren't worth a damn but we should cherish our enemies. They will
> always be there for us with their venom if nothing else.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Ed,

You have said, and I quote ... Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
and jerks - positively no exceptions! Perhaps Tom Sherman refuses to
be constrained by your shortsighted, errant classification. Maybe he
would return if you would just leave. What incentive does Tom have to
return knowing that he will again be labeled abused by you??? After
all you have said, and I quote ... I can state with absolute assurance
that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest
Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
> How is it possible for someone to be on newsgroup like forever and then
> suddenly to just leave without a word. If anyone knows what has become of
> Tom Sherman I for one would like to know.
>
> Tom Sherman for as long as I have been on ARBR (over 3 years) was the
> mainstay of the group. He was the presiding recumbent expert and also the
> off-topic intellectual. He posted daily dozens of messages on every
> conceivable topic. He is sorely being missed here as is obvious to anyone
> with a brain in his head.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great would never think of leaving a newsgroup that he has been
> on for many years with taking a proper leave-taking. In fact, I have already
> departed this newsgrorup (ARBR) many times with much swearing and cussing
> and slamming of doors. My many final farewells are events to be remembered.
> Surely, that is the only way to leave a newsgroup. Parting is such sweet
> sorrow after all.
>
> Well, if you know anything about Tom Sherman, post here or else email me the
> information. He was the only worthy adversary I ever had on any newsgroup.
> Now I am left to fight with midgets like Jim, Chris, Curtiss et al. As I am
> a giant, I require giants to do combat with, not twiddledums and
> twiddledees.
>
> Friends aren't worth a damn but we should cherish our enemies. They will
> always be there for us with their venom if nothing else.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ed,
>
> You have said, and I quote ... Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
> and jerks - positively no exceptions! Perhaps Tom Sherman refuses to
> be constrained by your shortsighted, errant classification. Maybe he
> would return if you would just leave. What incentive does Tom have to
> return knowing that he will again be labeled abused by you??? After
> all you have said, and I quote ... I can state with absolute assurance
> that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest
> Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
> of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
> apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
> condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
> empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
> indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
> are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.
>
> Jim McNamara

See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
(ARBR).

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ed,
> >
> > You have said, and I quote ... Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
> > and jerks - positively no exceptions! Perhaps Tom Sherman refuses to
> > be constrained by your shortsighted, errant classification. Maybe he
> > would return if you would just leave. What incentive does Tom have to
> > return knowing that he will again be labeled and abused by you??? After
> > all you have said, and I quote ... I can state with absolute assurance
> > that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest
> > Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
> > of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
> > apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
> > condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
> > empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
> > indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
> > are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.
> >
> > Jim McNamara

> See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
> (ARBR).

Saw it and responded ... What we have here is yet another example of
the same old hakneyed cut and paste boilerplate from the man who does
it best. Subsititue "Ed Dolan" for "Jimbo" in your final sentence and
you will have said at least one thing with which I can agree ... your
self-portrait. - Jim McNamara

> [...]

>> > Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
>> > of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
>> > apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
>> > condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
>> > empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
>> > indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
>> > are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.
>> >
>> > Jim McNamara

>> See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
>> (ARBR).

> Saw it and responded ... What we have here is yet another example of
> the same old hakneyed cut and paste boilerplate from the man who does
> it best. Subsititue "Ed Dolan" for "Jimbo" in your final sentence and
> you will have said at least one thing with which I can agree ... your

What would I ever do without my own little stalker following me around like
a puppy dog.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
> >> (ARBR).

> > Saw it and responded ... What we have here is yet another example of
> > the same old hakneyed cut and paste boilerplate from the man who does
> > it best. Subsititue "Ed Dolan" for "Jimbo" in your final sentence and
> > you will have said at least one thing with which I can agree ... your
> > self-portrait. - Jim McNamara

> What would I ever do without my own little stalker following me around like
> a puppy dog.

No one could stalk you if you weren't here. Save you breath. You'll
need it to blow up your date.

Jim McNamara