Where should I buy my bike wear in the internet?

2wheels1man

May 3, 2011
Just wondering if anybody of you has a good idea where to buy best good quality cycling shirts & more.
What's your experience with wriggle, chainreaction or bobshop.de from Germany?

CIAO Amigos
2wheels1man

I use Chain Reaction Cycles quite a lot, never let me down, service is impeccable, very fast despatch, usually always have a sale on, (or prices are mainly always discounted)...but they are very good.

Never used wiggle....but I usually find their prices a little steep for what they are.

Never used bobshop.

http://prendasciclismo.com/

These guys are great. Good prices. Fast shipping. And did I mention good prices?
Ordered tons of stuff from them as they have Santini kit (the best IMO) on reduced prices frequently...If don't mind a team name on the side (I couldn't care less), the prices get downright cheap...

I've been told that Ireland is a tax haven at the moment, which is good for us when shopping there, but apparently not too good for those living there. So, the UK online shops seem to have the best prices and low shipping costs. I got totally reamed on postage recently when I bought something online from the US (I'm in Australia, and I bought a $60 seatpost, yet was charged $113 postage!!), so it's nice knowing I can get something shipped all the way from the UK for about 14 bucks.

Pro Bike Kit, Ribble, Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Total Cycling and UK Bike Store are a few UK shops that spring to mind

If anyone is considering a purchase from a UK based retailer, be sure to consider the Value Added Tax in your calculations.

Unlike US-based retailers who usually don't charge sales tax on out-of-state sales, British retailers charge VAT on ALL their sales whether inside the UK or the rest of the world.

At 20%, the VAT adds a lot to the price.

Originally Posted by daviddb .

I've found Wiggle first class if you need to return anything and normally mega quick - or you could look at Rose, they're German but english link below. There bike configurator is quite fun.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-jersey-linie/aid:339291

regards

David