Where should I get my next pedicure?

G.T.

Guest
So, I was wondering.... subject - Dry, thin unsightly nails

I doubt I am alone with thin, chewed up unsightly nails. Long toed socks help a lot as to wearing
band-aids too.

Gripping the pedals and the friction for 8-14 hours/week has got to exacerbate this condition as
does cleaning your bike -- whatever solvents (orange cleaners, turpentine) and stuff you use and
then washing your feet afterwards (dries out your feet and loses all your natural oils).

What shops have you found that work best?

- Petra's Pedicures (right down the street, walking distance)
- Fung Li's Salon (also fairly close to me, great foot massage!)
- "extra strength" Berta's (she has the strongest hands that have laid hands on me)
- Mia's Nails (I've heard she accidentally chopped off a client's toes)

It's probably genetic too.

Oh well!

Thanks, Greg "I knew all roadies were really chicks" T.

G.T. wrote:
> So, I was wondering.... subject - Dry, thin unsightly nails
>
> I doubt I am alone with thin, chewed up unsightly nails. Long toed socks help a lot as to wearing
> band-aids too.

Your cycling shoes don't fit. Get new shoes.

Dan