Where the Women make their Money

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Sep 11, 2004.

  1. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    Who ever said I was using this as an angle to get sponsorship? Surely I am not stupid enough to try and get something with a negative angle like that. Perhaps you and EunuchKunich should go back and read the original post again.

    My sponsor packet is all about flash, fast and hot looking chicks on bikes showing lots of logos. It just screams "YOU MUST GIVE THESE WOMEN MONEY".

  2. crit pro

    crit pro Guest

    [email protected] (MMan37x) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >This would take a little digging. I know women have had some decent prizes
    > >in the past. Wasn't Nicole Reinhart on her way to winning a quarter million
    > >dollar prize. This does't quite rival Lances million dollar payday when he
    > >won here in the U.S., Thrift Drug Triple Crown. Well, that's 4 to 1, but
    > >that's not a thousand times more. Hewlett Packard Women's Challenge, North
    > >America's toughest cycling event offered $128,000 in prize money to the
    > >women. How much for Toona

    > And, remember, the primary Tour de Tooma promotor is pushing to expand it to a
    > ten-day race with GT status, possibly as early as next year.
    >

    > M Man

    Is that the guy who is famous around the world for embezzling funds
    from the race. It would be in his best interest to grow the race. ;)

    cp

  3. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:48:59 +1000, pedalchick
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I think you make a mistake to blame old boy networks and the like,
    >> instead you
    >> need to find a reason for someone to have an interest in the first
    >> place. Now
    >> maybe talk of chauvinism, etc will play well with some potential
    >> sponsors, it'll
    >> be death with others. Ron

    >Who ever said I was using this as an angle to get sponsorship?

    You didn't. But you did bring the subject up. Thought I'd suggest that you not.

    > Surely
    >I am not stupid enough to try and get something with a negative angle
    >like that.

    Hell, I don't really know you well enough to know that up front. Trust me that
    sort of approach has been tried, a lot.

    >My sponsor packet is all about flash, fast and hot looking chicks on
    >bikes showing lots of logos. It just screams "YOU MUST GIVE THESE
    >WOMEN MONEY".

    Sleek women saying give me money. That can work. Guys do respond to that sort of
    thing.

    "Pay enough and your name goes right here." <point>

    Good luck and have fun.

    Ron

  4. mman

    mman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    No, I was talking about Rick Geist, Pennsylvania state representative and cycling enthusiast.

    You're thinking of Kirk Leidy. Basically, his accusers have backed off, mumbling that they don't actually have any evidence against him, they just though they'd accuse him of something for the hell of it (that's my paraphrase, of course). But he's no longer involved with the TdT.