Where to buy a 3.5mm allen key?

Dave Thompson

Guest
Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of my Campy
Delta brakes?

Dave Thompson wrote:
> Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of my
> Campy Delta brakes?

Half-block from Sears or Home Despot?

Bill "sorry" S.

Dave Thompson said:
Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of my Campy
Delta brakes?

SAE 9/64" is very close.

Bondhus makes a 3.5 mm Allen key that I found on line @ URL:

http://www.aihalaska.com/trade/productview/2060/27/

Some shops that have been carrying Campagnolo for decades likely have them (or maybe one that you can borrow).
Recently I saw one in a shop that was adjusting the centering on a Park TS-2 truing stand.

Dave-<< Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of my
Campy
Delta brakes? >><BR><BR>

Our local hardware store has them, Bonhous. If ya can't find one, I'll sell ya
one.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave-<< Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of

my
> Campy
> Delta brakes? >><BR><BR>
>
> Our local hardware store has them, Bonhous. If ya can't find one, I'll

sell ya
> one.

Those are the best. I have a set that look like screwdrivers with ball ends
on them. Money well spent.

winnard

: Title says it; Where can I buy a 3.5mm allen key to take care of my Campy
: Delta brakes?

See if you have a locally owned hardware store in your area. We have one
that sells Allen wrenches in little drawers, for about 59 cents apiece. It's
an Ace Hardware store, but I don't know if that matters or not. I can tell
you this, though: don't try to take one on an airplane. I had one in my
carry on luggage, a 5 mm Allen wrench, and the TSA guy took it away from me.
"Ah ha!", he said, "A tool!" then another TSA worker came over, looked at
the wrench and at me and said, "A tool is a tool! You can't take a tool on
an airplane!"

Pat in TX
:
:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:29:41 -0500, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:

>See if you have a locally owned hardware store in your area. We have one
>that sells Allen wrenches in little drawers, for about 59 cents apiece. It's
>an Ace Hardware store, but I don't know if that matters or not. I can tell
>you this, though: don't try to take one on an airplane. I had one in my
>carry on luggage, a 5 mm Allen wrench, and the TSA guy took it away from me.
>"Ah ha!", he said, "A tool!" then another TSA worker came over, looked at
>the wrench and at me and said, "A tool is a tool! You can't take a tool on
>an airplane!"

Doesn't that make you feel safer when you fly?

A vendor was coming to fix something on-site near here, but the
mechanic they sent tried to carry his favorite torque wrench on the
plane.

TSA torqued him off.

Pat

Email address works as is.

Patrick Lamb said:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:29:41 -0500, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:

>See if you have a locally owned hardware store in your area. We have one
>that sells Allen wrenches in little drawers, for about 59 cents apiece. It's
>an Ace Hardware store, but I don't know if that matters or not. I can tell
>you this, though: don't try to take one on an airplane. I had one in my
>carry on luggage, a 5 mm Allen wrench, and the TSA guy took it away from me.
>"Ah ha!", he said, "A tool!" then another TSA worker came over, looked at
>the wrench and at me and said, "A tool is a tool! You can't take a tool on
>an airplane!"

Doesn't that make you feel safer when you fly?

A vendor was coming to fix something on-site near here, but the
mechanic they sent tried to carry his favorite torque wrench on the
plane.

TSA torqued him off.

Pat

Email address works as is.

I found that out on a return flight that I had to discard the screwdriver that I had taken on the first leg of the trip. But castor in my briefcase was not a problem for the TSA.