Where to buy a Garmin Edge 305

Scotty,

Just read your post again. If you have a spare mount that's orientated the other way, just pop the mount off its rubber base, reorientate it the way you need it, press it in and its good to go. I bought my Edge off Johnny Appleseed in Strathfield, and bought an extra mount as I have 3 bikes. I put the Edge on the stem of all my bikes, so I just reorientated the handlebar mount for the stem.

ozelise said:
Scotty,

Just read your post again. If you have a spare mount that's orientated the other way, just pop the mount off its rubber base, reorientate it the way you need it, press it in and its good to go. I bought my Edge off Johnny Appleseed in Strathfield, and bought an extra mount as I have 3 bikes. I put the Edge on the stem of all my bikes, so I just reorientated the handlebar mount for the stem.
No, it's ok

I did just use the other to mount it on the handle bars instead of the stem. I really want another set of mounts as I too am starting to get into the whole "N+1" bikes thing. 3 (rideable)- and counting so far.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Just a few hints that may help someone.

Take care installing the '305 mount. The base is designed for 31mm diameter, ie. oversize handlebar or threadless stem. If you put it on a 25mm bar or a narrow quill stem and tighten the cable ties the mount will split down each side. A thick piece of rubber is supplied for this application. Use it. Put the rubber underneath the mount and this increases the diameter of the handlebar/stem that you are mounting to.

Been there, done that!!!!

Mounts are easy to get, and cheap. EBay, Johnny Appleseed, etc. I've got one on each of my bikes - race, tour, and track. You really only need the cadence sensor on one bike, the one you train on. Of course, a cadence sensor is redundant on the fixxy!!!

On the track or in a crit set the '305 to auto lap at the start location. Works really great.

Gday everyone,

Im new to this forum, but i just bought a Garmin 305 edge on ebay from a bloke in Queensland, Ozsports imports. Cost was $414 delivered. I paid by Paypal on wednesday afternoon 4pm and received it thursday morning 10am and Im in sydney. Now if that aint great service i dont know what is. Used it today for the first time and im stoked. Im glad i didnt buy those Polar computers.
Cheers

scotty72 said:
Hey, Geo.Man,

I bought an Edge 305 off you about 1 year ago and was wondering if you sell (or know where I can get) spare handle bar mounts? Broke one and the spare that come is a sideways one?
I just shipped a spare/replacement mount to AU for $4USD (USPS First Class International). If you are interested, send an email and I can ship them to you for $11.50 (mount) + $4 (shipping) = $15.50USD.

Thanks!

geo.man said:
I just shipped a spare/replacement mount to AU for $4USD (USPS First Class International). If you are interested, send an email and I can ship them to you for $11.50 (mount) + $4 (shipping) = $15.50USD.

Thanks!
Thanks

I managed to obtain one locally (at an inflated price) but, I'll keep you in mind next time I need one.

Thanks

Scotty