where to buy CO2 cartridges?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jlove98905, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Jlove98905

    Jlove98905 Guest

    Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

    I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service counter).
    I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.

    Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
     
    Tags:


  2. "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
    easy
    > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in
    > no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
    can
    > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but there
    > must be someplace more convenient?
    >
    > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    >
    >

    Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.
     
  3. Zxcvbob

    Zxcvbob Guest

    JLove98905 wrote:
    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    > junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    > from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    > around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
    >
    > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    >
    >

    I use a 10# CO2 tank and regulator. A 20# tank is even cheaper because it costs about the same to
    refill it.

    You might want to check this out, but the gas might not be food-grade:
    <http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=102006&sku=39125> or <http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-
    item.jhtml?id=0004326224015a>

    Best regards, Bob
     
  4. Katra

    Katra Guest

    JLove98905 wrote:
    >
    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    > junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    > from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    > around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
    >
    > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

    Mail order... This guy is fast, honest and reliable for all products:

    http://www.creamright.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=SODA24-GEN

    Also sells stuff for whipping cream.

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  5. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    JLove98905 wrote:

    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    > junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    > from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    > around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

    Try a restaurant or bar supply store.
     
  6. Pltrgyst

    Pltrgyst Guest

    On 15 Dec 2003 01:06:16 GMT, [email protected] (JLove98905)
    wrote:

    >Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    >junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    >from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    >around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
    >
    >I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service counter).
    >I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.

    Kitchen Capers (sp?) on Newbury Street has had them when I've visited...

    -- Larry
     
  7. June Oshiro

    June Oshiro Guest

    JLove98905 wrote:
    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
    > junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
    > from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
    > around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

    I'm not sure, but if you have a local brewery supply place, they often have bottled CO2 in large
    cannisters (ie 5 lb, 10 lb). Welding supply has it, too, but I'm not sure if it's food safe. (Lots
    of aquarists use welding CO2 cannisters to fertilize their planted tanks, and the fish and plants
    are fine!)

    -j.
     
  8. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

  9. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
    easy
    > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in
    > no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
    can
    > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but there
    > must be someplace more convenient?
    >
    > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    >
    >

    Bar supply store. Or ask at your local bar or soda shop.
     
  10. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:
    >
    > "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m27.aol.com...
    > > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
    > easy
    > > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared
    > > in no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
    > can
    > > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but
    > > there must be someplace more convenient?
    > >
    > > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.

    Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  11. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:24:43 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:
    >>
    >> "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> m27.aol.com...
    >> > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
    >> easy
    >> > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared
    >> > in no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
    >> can
    >> > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but
    >> > there must be someplace more convenient?
    >> >
    >> > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    >> > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    >> >
    >> Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.
    >
    >Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...

    Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
    store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet food
    stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).

    -sw
     
  12. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:24:43 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >> m27.aol.com...
    > >> > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
    > >> easy
    > >> > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges
    > >> > disappeared in no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
    > >> can
    > >> > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but
    > >> > there must be someplace more convenient?
    > >> >
    > >> > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
    > >> > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
    > >> >
    > >> > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
    > >> >
    > >> Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.
    > >
    > >Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...
    >
    > Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
    > store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet
    > food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
    >
    > -sw

    I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:

    http://www.creamright.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=SODA24-GEN

    Trust me. Good stuff, good service, good merchandise.

    And he answers the phone for CC orders.

    K.
    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  13. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:21:33 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Steve Wertz wrote:

    >> Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
    >> store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet
    >> food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
    >
    >I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:

    Yes, dear. I see that. I also pointed out they were available on-line, did I not? Regardless, it
    sure sounded like he was asking for local stores.

    -sw
     
  14. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:21:33 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > >> Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a
    > >> cooking store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some
    > >> gourmet food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
    > >
    > >I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:
    >
    > Yes, dear. I see that. I also pointed out they were available on-line, did I not? Regardless, it
    > sure sounded like he was asking for local stores.
    >
    > -sw

    If he can find them that cheap..... :)

    I just rilly like that dealer, and have been unable to find gas charges for either my seltzer bottle
    or my cream whipper locally. Doug does free shipping for decent orders making it as low as going
    down the street. <G>

    Planet K quit carrying them. :p

    <hugs> Kat
    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  15. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Planet K quit carrying them. :p

    Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.

    -sw
     
  16. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
    >
    > Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
    >
    > -sw

    Rundberg? :) Ok, I had tried the Lamar location, and one of the ones in San Antonio as well... They
    said that carrying "whippets" was a bad thing, so the chain stopped.

    'sides, creamright carries N2O for less tha $10.00 per box if you buy a case... <G>

    Problem is, it takes a lot of creativity to figure out what to do with that much whipping
    cream...... ;-D

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  17. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
    >
    > Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.

    NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.
     
  18. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:03:57 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Steve Wertz wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
    >>
    >> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
    >
    >Rundberg? :) Ok, I had tried the Lamar location, and one of the ones in San Antonio as well...
    >They said that carrying "whippets" was a bad thing, so the chain stopped.

    Huh? They sell crack pipes + brillo, bongs, scales, and substances specifically for cutting cocaine
    and speed. Not to mention the dildos which are illegal in Texas, unless they're for "educational
    purposes". NO2 is probably their most legitimate (not for illegal purposes) item they sell.

    >creamright carries N2O for less tha $10.00 per box if you buy a case... <G>

    Case is what ...24 X 24 = 288? You might as well just order a big bottle (and a few masks) from the
    dental supply company :)

    >Problem is, it takes a lot of creativity to figure out what to do with that much whipping
    >cream...... ;-D

    You tease.

    -sw
     
  19. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Dave Smith wrote:
    >
    > Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
    > >
    > > Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
    >
    > NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.

    We know this. :) We were just discussing gas charges in general... Planet K never did sell Co2

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra
     
  20. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:33:44 -0500, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
    >>
    >> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
    >
    >NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.

    The subject had changed to NO2 at this point as Planet K would have no use selling O2.

    NO2 canisters work just fine in soda bottles. Depends on what your ultimate purpose is, though.

    -sw
     
Loading...