where to buy CO2 cartridges?

Jlove98905

Guest
Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service counter).
I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.

Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

"JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
easy
> way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in
> no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
can
> one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but there
> must be someplace more convenient?
>
> I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
> counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
>
> Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.

JLove98905 wrote:
> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
> junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
> from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
> around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
>
> I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
> counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
>
> Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

I use a 10# CO2 tank and regulator. A 20# tank is even cheaper because it costs about the same to
refill it.

You might want to check this out, but the gas might not be food-grade:
<http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=102006&sku=39125> or <http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-
item.jhtml?id=0004326224015a>

Best regards, Bob

JLove98905 wrote:

> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
> junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
> from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
> around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
>
> I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
> counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
>
> Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Mail order... This guy is fast, honest and reliable for all products:

http://www.creamright.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=SODA24-GEN

Also sells stuff for whipping cream.

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

JLove98905 wrote:

> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
> junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
> from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
> around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

Try a restaurant or bar supply store.

On 15 Dec 2003 01:06:16 GMT, [email protected] (JLove98905)
wrote:

>Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
>junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
>from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
>around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?
>
>I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service counter).
>I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.

Kitchen Capers (sp?) on Newbury Street has had them when I've visited...

-- Larry

JLove98905 wrote:
> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome, easy way for a soda
> junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in no time. Aside
> from cooking stores, where else can one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back
> around to a cooking store, but there must be someplace more convenient?

I'm not sure, but if you have a local brewery supply place, they often have bottled CO2 in large
cannisters (ie 5 lb, 10 lb). Welding supply has it, too, but I'm not sure if it's food safe. (Lots
of aquarists use welding CO2 cannisters to fertilize their planted tanks, and the fish and plants
are fine!)

-j.

"JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
easy
> way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared in
> no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
can
> one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but there
> must be someplace more convenient?
>
> I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
> counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
>
> Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Bar supply store. Or ask at your local bar or soda shop.

Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:

> "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20031214200616.23008.00000623@mb-
> m27.aol.com...
> > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
> easy
> > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared
> > in no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
> can
> > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but
> > there must be someplace more convenient?
> >
> > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
> > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
> >
> > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
> >

> Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.

Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:24:43 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:
>>
>> "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20031214200616.23008.00000623@mb-
>> m27.aol.com...
>> > Well, I've loved the bejeezus out of my new soda siphon. (What an awesome,
>> easy
>> > way for a soda junkie like me to get in 1 liter of water!) My 10 pack of cartridges disappeared
>> > in no time. Aside from cooking stores, where else
>> can
>> > one get replacement cartridges? I will, eventually, get back around to a cooking store, but
>> > there must be someplace more convenient?
>> >
>> > I tried my local supermarket, and they don't carry them (not even at the customer service
>> > counter). I'm the Boston area, if that helps anyone.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance, Jen Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright
>> >
>> Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.
>
>Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...

Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet food
stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).

-sw

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:24:43 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Nothing Butt Cheese wrote:
> >>
> >> "JLove98905" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20031214200616.23008.00000623@mb-
> >> m27.aol.com...
> >> easy
> >> can

> >> Try a sporting goods store by the BB Guns.
> >
> >Uh, prolly a good suggestion, but that is not food grade...
>
> Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
> store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet
> food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
>
> -sw

I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:

http://www.creamright.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=SODA24-GEN

Trust me. Good stuff, good service, good merchandise.

And he answers the phone for CC orders.

K.
--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:21:33 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:

>> Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a cooking
>> store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some gourmet
>> food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
>
>I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:

Yes, dear. I see that. I also pointed out they were available on-line, did I not? Regardless, it
sure sounded like he was asking for local stores.

-sw

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:21:33 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Steve Wertz wrote:
>
> >> Yep. They can be pretty oily inside. The only place to get food grade cartridges is at a
> >> cooking store (or online). Restaurant supply store, Williams Sonoma (behind the counter), some
> >> gourmet food stores (they sell them here in Austin at Central Market grocery stores).
> >
> >I posted a link sweetie. :) Here it is again...:
>
> Yes, dear. I see that. I also pointed out they were available on-line, did I not? Regardless, it
> sure sounded like he was asking for local stores.
>
> -sw

If he can find them that cheap..... :)

I just rilly like that dealer, and have been unable to find gas charges for either my seltzer bottle
or my cream whipper locally. Doug does free shipping for decent orders making it as low as going
down the street. <G>

Planet K quit carrying them. :p

<hugs> Kat
--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Planet K quit carrying them. :p

Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.

-sw

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
>
> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
>
> -sw

Rundberg? :) Ok, I had tried the Lamar location, and one of the ones in San Antonio as well... They
said that carrying "whippets" was a bad thing, so the chain stopped.

'sides, creamright carries N2O for less tha $10.00 per box if you buy a case... <G>

Problem is, it takes a lot of creativity to figure out what to do with that much whipping
cream...... ;-D

K.

--

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
>
> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.

NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:03:57 -0600, Katra <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
>>
>> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
>
>Rundberg? :) Ok, I had tried the Lamar location, and one of the ones in San Antonio as well...
>They said that carrying "whippets" was a bad thing, so the chain stopped.

Huh? They sell crack pipes + brillo, bongs, scales, and substances specifically for cutting cocaine
and speed. Not to mention the dildos which are illegal in Texas, unless they're for "educational
purposes". NO2 is probably their most legitimate (not for illegal purposes) item they sell.

>creamright carries N2O for less tha $10.00 per box if you buy a case... <G>

Case is what ...24 X 24 = 288? You might as well just order a big bottle (and a few masks) from the
dental supply company :)

>Problem is, it takes a lot of creativity to figure out what to do with that much whipping
>cream...... ;-D

You tease.

-sw

Dave Smith wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
> >
> > Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
>
> NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.

We know this. :) We were just discussing gas charges in general... Planet K never did sell Co2

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:33:44 -0500, Dave Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:29:27 -0600, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Planet K quit carrying them. :p
>>
>> Planet K still sells the NO2. Or at least they did 5 weeks ago at the Rundberg location. $16/24.
>
>NO2 is for those whipping cream canisters. They do not work in spritzer bottles.

The subject had changed to NO2 at this point as Planet K would have no use selling O2.

NO2 canisters work just fine in soda bottles. Depends on what your ultimate purpose is, though.

-sw