Where to buy cycling equipment?

Rylie14

Jul 9, 2010
Hi, I'm new to biking, and I want to know some places that sold cheap or decent priced biking equipment as well as a good variety when it comes to color. Thanks! :)

He he Rylie, Red is for speed. Silver has more endurance and grey is a close second. Multi colours are a sign of confusion, but red/grey is extremely comfortable.

These colours are easy and cheap from junk shops, charity shops, and garage sales. Find a bike that is all there in good condition and only needs the tyres pumped up for riding away.

I'd agree so far. This new format is a step backward. There was certainly not enough or no time allowed for evaluation before it went into service. I can't think of any other bike forum--or any forum really--that's as poorly implemented as this new one.

Give it some time. It'll grow on ya. I've been on here all day getting used to the site. Am starting to LOVE IT!!! Are you kidding. There are links to where I can buy the stuff I have questions about. Would be cool if they would open the site to industry professionals who would comment / give inside info on their products.

I think that it is OK. I especially like the Wiki section and the reviews. The only thing that I don't like is the color combination. There is not enough contrast in the light orange on a white background to prevent eye strain, at least not for my old eyes. I also lik the addishun uv the spel chak on thu tule baar!

Don't need any time, because it won't grow on me. I could care less about hot links to retailers. It's not as if they're difficult to find. User reviews? There are thousands at Roadbikereview.com, and they are, for the most part, worthless. The paucity of reviews that will exist here for years will be even worse. After reading a review, you get the big opportunity to say if the review was helpful....well, you don't get to say "no", only "yes". That's mighty helpful. Does anyone really think one or two lines of review are helpful?

I'm not sure why Steve even bothered to ask people if they wanted to evaluate the new format beforehand. He absolutely did not give adequate time to do so, and he certainly didn't leave enough time for him to take said reviews into consideration. Lip service describes that situation well. The change over was already a done deal. What the hell was he even asking for opinions for then? WTF asks for opinions when they don't plan on considering said opinions?

Spam? It's already here, but then we still have the same mods so maybe that's to be expected.

It seems usability was given very little thought. WTF knows what the criteria for a new "format" were.

Wiki sections? No different than stickies and possibly worse. Given some of the whacked stuff that's believed on this forum, does anyone really expect wiki stuff to help? It's cutesy but doesn't add anything to usability.

Gone is the ability to go right to the end of a thread from the sub-forum index. Gone is the ability to use vBB (It's been dumbed down for no apparent reason). The site is slower. Readability is worse as contrast doesn't exist. For no known reason, clicking on images causes them to open in a new window (or tab).

But hoooooo doggie: we can now insert horizontal lines! Woo hoo! What a victory!

Alas, I'm as interested to hear Steve's rational for choosing this kack as he was to take into consideration people's opinions of test drives, which is to say not very.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Don't need any time, because it won't grow on me. I could care less about hot links to retailers. It's not as if they're difficult to find. User reviews? There are thousands at Roadbikereview.com, and they are, for the most part, worthless. The paucity of reviews that will exist here for years will be even worse. After reading a review, you get the big opportunity to say if the review was helpful....well, you don't get to say "no", only "yes". That's mighty helpful. Does anyone really think one or two lines of review are helpful?

I'm not sure why Steve even bothered to ask people if they wanted to evaluate the new format beforehand. He absolutely did not give adequate time to do so, and he certainly didn't leave enough time for him to take said reviews into consideration. Lip service describes that situation well. The change over was already a done deal. What the hell was he even asking for opinions for then? WTF asks for opinions when they don't plan on considering said opinions?

Spam? It's already here, but then we still have the same mods so maybe that's to be expected.

It seems usability was given very little thought. WTF knows what the criteria for a new "format" were.

Wiki sections? No different than stickies and possibly worse. Given some of the whacked stuff that's believed on this forum, does anyone really expect wiki stuff to help? It's cutesy but doesn't add anything to usability.

Gone is the ability to go right to the end of a thread from the sub-forum index. Gone is the ability to use vBB (It's been dumbed down for no apparent reason). The site is slower. Readability is worse as contrast doesn't exist. For no known reason, clicking on images causes them to open in a new window (or tab).

But hoooooo doggie: we can now insert horizontal lines! Woo hoo! What a victory!

Alas, I'm as interested to hear Steve's rational for choosing this kack as he was to take into consideration people's opinions of test drives, which is to say not very."

Alienator, I couldn't agree more!