where to buy Mavic Ksyrium Elite rim

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Laci Oros, May 18, 2003.

  1. Laci Oros

    Laci Oros Guest

    Looking for online store selling only the Ksyrium Elite rim. I was running several searches on
    Google for Mavic Ksyrium Elite rim, but I was not able to find any online store selling only the
    rim. Any link will be helpful. Laci.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Quinn

    Jim Quinn Guest

    Good luck, I tried to buy a Ksyrium SL rim online with no luck. I ended up having my local bike shop
    order it from Mavic.

    By the way when you replace a rim you also have to replace ALL the spokes. If you don't replace all
    the spokes you won't be able to keep the wheel true. At least according to the MAVIC rep. It might
    be cheaper to just buy a new wheel rather than a rim and spokes.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. Jim Quinn wrote:
    > Good luck, I tried to buy a Ksyrium SL rim online with no
    luck. I ended up
    > having my local bike shop order it from Mavic.
    >
    > By the way when you replace a rim you also have to
    replace ALL the spokes.
    > If you don't replace all the spokes you won't be able to
    keep the wheel
    > true. At least according to the MAVIC rep.

    What a load of hooey! Either the rep.:

    1) doesn't have a clue;

    or

    2) is trying to make a bigger sale;

    or

    3) is not letting on about something he knows about problems with the first production run of spokes
    (i.e., a silent recall).

    There is no reason that a wheel won't be able to stay true with pre-used spokes.

    Mark McMaster [email protected]

  4. never spam-<< Looking for online store selling only the Ksyrium Elite rim.

    Most online sources of Mavic stuff are often grey market so don't expect anybody to do that for you.
    You may have to go to a store front Mavic dealer...

  5. yes - there have been changes to Mavic spokes and rims without much public hoohaa At least the new
    ones are better I guess

    news:[email protected]... never spam-<< Looking for online store selling
    only the Ksyrium Elite rim.

    Most online sources of Mavic stuff are often grey market so don't expect anybody to do that for you.
    You may have to go to a store front Mavic dealer...

  6. Laci Oros

    Laci Oros Guest

    Thanks for the input

    Laci.

  7. SCOOBA STEVE

    SCOOBA STEVE New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2003
    I JUST GOT MY KSYRIUM ELITES IN THE MAIL FROM A PLACE IN ENGLAND CALLED "CYCLING BARGAINS .COM" THE WEB SITE HOWEVER IS rainbowinternet.net/shops/cyclingbargains/
    AND I PAID 249 POUNDS. AND A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS TO GET THEM SENT TO ME IN AUSTRALIA. I FOUND THAT A LOT OF PLACES OVER IN THE UK ARE NO ALLOWED TO SELL MAVIC OUTSIDE THE EU. SO TRY THIS MOB. THE WHEELS TURNED UP IN PERFECT CONDITION IN THE ORIGINAL FACTORY BOX.