where to buy S-Licks (or something else)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bofrazer, Feb 3, 2003.

  1. Bofrazer

    Bofrazer Guest

    I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
    peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online
    ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item out of
    stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

    I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?

    rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]

    HPV SMGT

    Tags:

  2. Devon

    Devon Guest

    I bought my last set from BicycleTires.com http://www.bicycletires.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&manuf=29

    Prompt service. I do not know if they have them in stock at this time.

    DeVon

    "BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
    > I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
    > tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    > vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    > online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    > out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
    >
    > I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    > have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
    >
    > rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
    >
    > HPV SMGT

  3. In article <b6H%[email protected]>, "BoFrazer" says...

    >I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
    >peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    >vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    >online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    >out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

    I just bought a set at www.poweroncycling.com.

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  4. Steve Baker

    Steve Baker Guest

    "BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<b6H%[email protected]>... <<I'm having a hard time
    > figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site
    > claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online ones have them. >>>

    I got mine from Fool's Crow. He had them in multiple colors at that time. Hope this helps.

    Steve Baker

  5. I have both 406mm and 559mm Vredestein S-Licks in stock.

    Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

    "BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
    > I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
    > tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    > vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    > online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    > out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
    >
    > I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    > have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
    >
    > rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
    >
    > HPV SMGT

  6. Pj

    Pj Guest

    "BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
    > I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
    > tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    > vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    > online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    > out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
    >
    > I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    > have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
    >
    > rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
    >
    > HPV SMGT

    You can add Zach Kaplan to the list...as he is a great source of knowledge about tires and bents in
    general....he can be reached at [email protected]]

    Pat