where to buy S-Licks (or something else)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bofrazer, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bofrazer

Bofrazer Guest

I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
    peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online
    ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item out of
    stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?

rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]

HPV SMGT

Tags:

2. Devon

Devon Guest

I bought my last set from BicycleTires.com http://www.bicycletires.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&manuf=29

Prompt service. I do not know if they have them in stock at this time.

DeVon

"BoFrazer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<b6H%[email protected]>...
    > I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
    > tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    > vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    > online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    > out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
    >
    > I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    > have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
    >
    > rsvp, tia, Peace, Bo [email protected]
    >
    > HPV SMGT

3. In article <b6H%[email protected]>, "BoFrazer" says...
    >
    >I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the tube
    >peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    >vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    >online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    >out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...

I just bought a set at www.poweroncycling.com.

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

4. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Guest

news:<b6H%[email protected]>... <<I'm having a hard time
    > figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site
    > claims they have certain dealers, but none of the online ones have them. >>>

I got mine from Fool's Crow. He had them in multiple colors at that time. Hope this helps.

Steve Baker

5. I have both 406mm and 559mm Vredestein S-Licks in stock.

Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

> I got a pretty bad sidewall rip in my rear tire today; fixed the flat but I can almost see the
    > tube peaking out the rip. I'm having a hard time figgering where to buy a new pair of S-Licks; the
    > vrederstein (or whatever it's spelled) site claims they have certain dealers, but none of the
    > online ones have them. I found them and started to buy them at Hostel, and promptly got an "item
    > out of stock" message, although it looked like they would still take my money...
    >
    > I would also like to hear what alternatives to consider. I want them (the 20" and 26") to match,
    > have a 1.3" (or so) width, and not slip or puncture easily -- am I asking too much?
    >
    >
    > HPV SMGT

6. Pj

Pj Guest

>
    >
    >
    > HPV SMGT

You can add Zach Kaplan to the list...as he is a great source of knowledge about tires and bents in
    general....he can be reached at [email protected]]

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.