Where to buy travel agents/problem solvers?

xxamr_corpxx

Mar 16, 2006
Does anyone in new zealand sell these? If not, any Aussie bike shops willing to deliver to New zealand? I've been to quite a few shops and no one has any idea what they are.

In case you don't know what they are, they increase the leverage of STI brakes and allow you to use them with V-brakes.

xxamr_corpxx said:
Does anyone in new zealand sell these? If not, any Aussie bike shops willing to deliver to New zealand? I've been to quite a few shops and no one has any idea what they are.

In case you don't know what they are, they increase the leverage of STI brakes and allow you to use them with V-brakes.
Buy it online from Harris Cyclery

Oh my gosh!!! Huge shipping costs!!:eek: $45 USD when my order only costs $46 USD.

I'll try them as a last resort, but it might be a lot cheaper to get them from Ozzie.

Don't know about shops in AUS that have them, but 3ringcycles in the USA do. Cheaper than Harris and they will price match other online dealers, plus their shipping to AUS is very reasonable.

Travel Agents at 3ring

Edit - I have bought from this company 3 or 4 times with good service each time. :eek:

xxamr_corpxx said:

Try Phantom Cycles and Moruya Bicycles

FWIW. The matter of V-brakes with ROAD brake levers came up before ...

In one of those instances, I made the observation that I simply used the "cable stretch" in lieu of a Travel Agent for rear V-brake "modulation" ... and, had installed a ROAD fork + regular caliper, so that it wasn't an issue for the front brake (for me).

HOWEVER, someone else subsequently mentioned that with COMPACT V-BRAKES (it was a revelation to me at the time that such a "thing" existed) you didn't need a Travel Agent when using ROAD levers ... perhaps, a better solution for you!?!

This can be a controversial issue, but I have used an XT front v-brake with a 105 STI lever (and no travel agent) for over a year with no problems. It is a fantastic set-up, but you have to keep the wheel true and the idle pads close to the rim.