Where to Buy Used Parts Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thunder9

I'm looking for a complete standard road bike rear wheel to use on my trainer: tire, free wheel, and
sprocket cluster. Where might I find one of these cheap?

Regards, Thunder9

"Thunder9" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a complete standard road bike rear wheel to use on my trainer: tire, free wheel,
> and sprocket cluster. Where might I find one of these cheap?

Many possibilities:

From a friend Garage sales Dumpsters (usually a partial bike) Bike shop (discarded wheels) Thrift
shops Metal recycling scrapyard City dump Ebay

I've found useable bike wheels for free or cheap in all of these places. Start by asking your
friends if they have wheels or bikes that they want to get rid of. Ebay will be the most expensive
source, since shipping usually adds $15-20 to a wheel price. In truth, FedEx Ground only charges
about $8 to ship a wheel across the USA. Most of the time I can talk sellers into charging actual
FedEx Ground shipping.

Keep your eyes open and you'll find a good wheel for free or cheap.

-Barry

Thunder9 wrote:

> I'm looking for a complete standard road bike rear wheel to use on my trainer: tire, free wheel,
>
> Regards, Thunder9
>

uhh e-bay? what gearin do you want I got piles of 7 speed around.... ]:)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:46:27 +0000, Thunder9 wrote:

>
> Regards, Thunder9
Think about this; get a nice upgrade wheel/freewheel-cassette and use your "old" equipment for the
cheapo. Keep your eyes peeled on sales.

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:46:27 GMT, [email protected] (Thunder9) may have said:

>I'm looking for a complete standard road bike rear wheel to use on my trainer: tire, free wheel,
>and sprocket cluster. Where might I find one of these cheap?

Whole road bikes (of ancient to geologically recent vintage) can often be had at Goodwill for under
$20. Most of them will be drop-frame designs, but since you're just scavenging the wheel, that's of
no consequence.

--
My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail. Yes, I have a killfile. If I
don't respond to something, it's also possible that I'm busy.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
>
>I'm looking for a complete standard road bike rear wheel to use on my trainer: tire, free wheel,
>and sprocket cluster. Where might I find one of these cheap?

try rec.bicycles.marketplace.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Status
Not open for further replies.