Where to find a bike messenger job?

Ben Milford

Oct 13, 2012
Hi,

I am looking for a bike messenger job in Chicago, but I not sure where to start. I can't find any messenger companies with Google.

Where do I start? Thanks!

I worked Standard Courier for a month in Chicago [April 2005?], their station was somewhere on Grand going east past Ashland. I only lasted one month because I did not earn enough - about 900 for a month's biking. I did 150 to 180 miles a week and I was becoming a faster biker. Plus I ate a lot and snacked on Mrs Field cookies while working downtown... and I still lost 5 lbs weight that month.

But this was the hardest job I ever had. It was depressing biking in complete days of rain, in 45 F weather and I wasn't wearing rainproof gloves so I got frostnip in my fingers. I also had to deliver a carton of documents balancing it on my handlebar - I never thought I could do this.

The messengers who stick out winter and are dedicated get the good job runs that earns you more money.

Nowadays I would never go back to this job. I can't stand biking in cold rainy weather again, and in complete days of rain or a hard thunderstorm.

You can go to the local offices to search for the bike messenger job. I think you should search for this job online. In the online world, there are many sites in which you can find a perfect job for you. There are many scam site also and that is why you need to be careful. You should only search for jobs on the legit sites.

Sadly, I don't know where to find one. But I think some people apply once they find available spots. I've seen people use bikes to deliver stuff occasionally.

Hi! I've been struggling with finding a job too, and I think I'll never get a job. I guess being unemployed is my destiny.

Don't say that. I'm sure that you will find a job you like, you just need to look for it a little better. Have you tried any job-searching websites? They usually help me find a decent vacancy in no time, and you can check this page too. I use it from time to time because I move a lot and it saves my life.

Businesses are closing several days a week for the lack of employees around here and there is a bidding war on wages.