Where to find CODA Expert rim?

k-man

Guest
Hi:

I have a 2001 Cannondale F600 and it came with CODA Expert, disc-
specific rims. My rear rim cracked and Cannondale no longer carries/
uses them. Anybody know where I could find one?

Thanks.
Kevin

k-man wrote:

> I have a 2001 Cannondale F600 and it came with CODA Expert, disc-
> specific rims. My rear rim cracked and Cannondale no longer carries/
> uses them. Anybody know where I could find one?

That's an OEM rim, almost certainly a "badge engineered" rim from some
other manufacturer. Just replace it with an aftermarket rim that has
the same effective rim diameter (ERD) dimension and the same number of
spoke holes. If you replace the spokes as well, then you don't need
to find a rim with the same ERD.

Chalo

On Apr 23, 12:08 am, Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
> k-man wrote:
>
> > I have a 2001 Cannondale F600 and it came with CODA Expert, disc-
> > specific rims. My rear rim cracked and Cannondale no longer carries/
> > uses them. Anybody know where I could find one?

> That's an OEM rim, almost certainly a "badge engineered" rim from some
> other manufacturer. Just replace it with an aftermarket rim that has
> the same effective rim diameter (ERD) dimension and the same number of
> spoke holes. If you replace the spokes as well, then you don't need
> to find a rim with the same ERD.
>
> Chalo

Thanks. Yes, Cannondale said that they were getting the rim from
another manufacturer. So, ERD. I'll have to remember that. I had
just bought some new spokes. Nice, double-butted DT's. All my old
spokes kept breaking and so I was going to use those spokes to rebuild
the rim. But of course the rim's cracked, though just barely. That
is, there's a small split right at one of the spoke nipple mounts.
But it doesn't hold the spoke nipple.

Kevin