Where to find wcs rims?

stansman

Jun 8, 2006
I recently trashed my front Ritchey WCS protocol rim in a crit. The hub is fine and I think most of the spokes are too, but the rim is definitely bent. Does anyone know of somewhere that I can find one of these rims besides through a shop? Does Ritchey actually make these rims or are they made by someone else as with the hubs (american classic) and carbon rims (zipp)? If they're made by someone else i figured i might be able to pick one up cheaper if it doesn't have the ritchey name on it. Thanks.

stansman said:
I recently trashed my front Ritchey WCS protocol rim in a crit. The hub is fine and I think most of the spokes are too, but the rim is definitely bent. Does anyone know of somewhere that I can find one of these rims besides through a shop? Does Ritchey actually make these rims or are they made by someone else as with the hubs (american classic) and carbon rims (zipp)? If they're made by someone else i figured i might be able to pick one up cheaper if it doesn't have the ritchey name on it. Thanks.
The ALEX DA28 rims may be suitable replacements (see attachments) ... available in drillings between 16 to 32 (maybe, 36, too).

____________________​

Also:

AUGUST 2005 -- REAR WHEEL RECALL

bullet.gif
CPSC, Ritchey Design Inc. Announce Recall of Bicycle Wheels

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Ritchey Design, of San Carlos, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 2,000 Ritchey WCS - Protocol, Carbon, DS, DS Aero, Girder models (all rear wheels only). The hub in the bicycle’s rear wheel can fail to engage properly, causing no resistance when pedaling. The bicycle rider can lose balance, fall and suffer injuries.

alfeng said:
The ALEX DA28 rims may be suitable replacements (see attachments) ... available in drillings between 16 to 32 (maybe, 36, too).

____________________​

Also:

AUGUST 2005 -- REAR WHEEL RECALL

bullet.gif
CPSC, Ritchey Design Inc. Announce Recall of Bicycle Wheels

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Ritchey Design, of San Carlos, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 2,000 Ritchey WCS - Protocol, Carbon, DS, DS Aero, Girder models (all rear wheels only). The hub in the bicycle’s rear wheel can fail to engage properly, causing no resistance when pedaling. The bicycle rider can lose balance, fall and suffer injuries.

thanks for the info. As for the recall my hubs were made after the recall. Thanks though.